Epilogue

My hands nervously twitch, staring at my watch. The blue and gold stares at me, as seconds tick by slower and slower. I adjust my navy blazer and pants, and make sure my boutonnière is straight. I look down, and my five year old half-brother. Ernest grins up at me as he holds the golden rings. The boy's smile calms me a bit, as I return the gesture.

Music starts to play, and I must look like a deer in the headlights. Both my and Reagan's family and friends stand, including the boys' family-they are part of the huge family. I watch Reagan's half-sister walk down, spreading flower petals as she goes. My eyes leave the eight year old, and see Will as Doris walking down the sandy aisle, hand in hand. The two are followed by Josh and Crystal, Harry and Christine, Zayn and Perrie, Liam and Lianna, and finishes with Niall and Rose.

I stare in awe as Reagan makes her way through the arch, arm linked with James'. Her eyes connect with mine, and my breath is gone. The long, skinny dress makes her look taller, and a crown of seashells rest atop her curls. By the time she reaches me, I'm staring blatantly. Her stepfather kisses her forehead, nods to me, and sits by his wife.

She links hands with me, and I zone out as the pastor speaks. I focus on many other things, like the salty air around us, or the sunset behind us. I notice the way Doris looks from behind Reagan to Will, and the loving glances the girls are throwing at their partners. Above all, I pay attention to Reagan. She wears the ring I bought her three years ago on her right hand, and her engagement ring on her left. Our bare feet are fairly close, and she blushes when I look at her face. Nearly twenty-four, and she still blushes like crazy. It's absolutely adorable.

When it comes time to say our vows, we run through them smoothly, and I retrieve the rings from my brother. Soon enough, I hear 'you may kiss the bride', and I place my hands on her cheeks. She smiles, and leans in. Chills run through me when our lips meet, and I couldn't be happier.

The following events blur together, and I find myself in the limo, alone with my wife. She is practically glowing, and it's just beautiful. We share a chaste kiss, and her gaze meets my own. "I've waited too long for this..." I murmur.

"You're the one who waited so long to realize... And to ask me out... And-"

I kiss her quiet. "That's enough of that, now." She giggles at me. "You know what sounds nice? Reagan Tomlinson." Her ever present smile brightens.

It's not long before we hear "Please welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson!" We enter the room, and our friends and family cheer excitedly. Grinning, I lean over, and kiss her cheek. We sit down to dinner, and her stepfather calls everyone's attention.

"Hello, everyone. Many of y'all know me, but I'm James Paige, the proud stepfather of this wonderful girl. She has shown me so much, and I refuse to think she is anything less than my own child. I love her to death, and am glad she was paired with such a great young man." I smile at him, as he looks at the two of us. "Reagan was nearly thirteen when I came into their lives, and not once did she resent me for replacing her own father. I just assumed that she wouldn't like me, suddenly interrupting her small world. But I was pleasantly suprised. I honestly think it's because she puts her momma before herself.

"In fact, it's uncommon for her to think of herself. Even with her job where she met this fine guy, she weighed everyone's opinions. She selfless, amazing, and one of the most wonderful girls I've had the pleasure of meeting." His gaze slips from the tearing-up Reagan to me. "Now, Louis. I'm going to say that I didn't like him too much in the start. I mean, he didn't realize that my beautiful daughter was his soul mate, and then broke her heart. But then he showed up at her first fashion show, and honestly was close to sobbing in front of us." I send him a horrified look. "So I wasn't supposed to say that. Oops.

"He showed me then he cared, and that he actually deserved my not-so little girl. After that, I found he was truly a great guy, especially for Reagan. The two of them together is an amazing site, and I think I can speak on behalf of both myself and her father to say that they are one of the best pairings. A toast to the newlyweds!"

Reagan has a beautiful grin on her face as her stepfather sits. Harry also makes a toast, with an innumerable amount of his jokes. Everyone sighs, except Reagan, who stifles her giggles. I just smile at her, leaning over to kiss her.

After dinner, we are called over for the first dance. My wife-I love saying that-wraps her arms around my neck, and my own habitually encircle her waist. A piano chord is played, and raspy, soft voice is on the speakers.

"This is my love song to you,
Let every woman know I'm yours,
So you can fall asleep each night babe,
And know I'm dreamin' of you more."

"You're always hopin' that we make it,
You always wanna keep my gaze,
But you're the only one I see love,
And that's the one thing that won't change."

I rest my forehead lightly against hers, closing my eyes.

"I will never stop trying,
I will never stop watching as you leave
I will never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me
I will never stop holding your hand
I will never stop opening your door
I will never stop choosing you babe
I will never get used to you."

I feel a kiss on my cheek, and a smile forms on my lips.

"And with this love song to you,
It's not a momentary phase,
You are my life, I don't deserve you,
But you love me just the same."

"And as the mirror says we're older,
I will not look the other way,
You are my life, my love, my only,
And that's the one thing that won't change."

I murmur the chorus, as we sway to the beat.

"I will never stop trying,
I will never stop watching as you leave,
I will never stop losing my breath,
Every time I see you looking back at me,
I will never stop holding your hand,
I will never stop opening your door,
I will never stop choosing you babe,
I will never get used to you."

The words continue, as Reagan looks up to me, eyes shining. "Never stop loving you..." she murmurs.

"Never stop loving you, either..."

I draw her into a kiss, and that's when I feel it. The words we exchanged weren't just words. They were promises.

Protect her, treat her well, care for her, and many others, but especially, to love her.

A promise I'm more than ecstatic to have made.