Chapter Six

•Louis•

"Bye, mum! Bye, girls! I'm going to miss you!" I yell out the window, as Zayn pulls away from the drive. They all wave, as we drive down the road. 

We all have to be back in London by tonight, as we are leaving for one last concert, this time in Sarasota, before we head to New York for New Year's. Zayn decided to pick Liam, Harry, and I up on the way down. 

I sigh, and lean back in the chair. Hopefully, Paul came through with his stylist. 

-:-:-

I wake up, finding we just pulled into the driveway of Niall's house. I look in the backseats, finding Harry behind me, and Liam next to him. "Oh, hey, mates."

"Hey, Lou," they say simultaneously. "Jinx! Double jinx! Triple jinx!" They say, trying to outdo eachother. I laugh at their childish ways. I can't believe they are actually twenty and twenty-one. They act like nine- and ten-year-olds. I swear. And everyone thinks I'm the immature one. 

I chuckle again, before getting out, and grabbing my suitcases. We enter Niall's house, finding him lying upside-down, playing FIFA on his xBox, with a pretzel rod hanging out the side of his mouth. 

He pauses the game, and looks up at us. "Hey, mates."

"Hey, Niall," we all chorus, starting another round of Jinx between Liam and Harry. Zayn sighs, shaking his head at them. 

We all sit with Niall, and eventually him and I are playing against eachother. "No, damn it! Louis!" He yells as I score yet another goal. 

"Don't hate the player, hate the game." I can feel the others roll their eyes. 

"When's Paul supposed to be here?" Harry asks. 

As if on cue, a car horn beeps. "That answer your question?" Zayn smirks. 

"Let's go, lads," Liam says, turning off the xBox and TV. 

We all slip on our coats and shoes, grabbing our luggage, and getting into Paul car. I, of course, get to sit in the front. Being the oldest has its perks, you know. 

As soon as Paul begins his whole spiel about how to behave, I stare out the window. I hear this every damn time, and it gets old. I know it's directed at me, but when it comes to the paps anymore, I'm just done. I hate how they twist every word and have some bullshit story to go with it. Like how the reason Harry and I both cover our soul mate tattoos is that we're soul mates and that Larry Stylinson is real. Bull-f*cking-sh*t. 

At the thought of my tattoo, though, I look down at it. I move my watch just a bit, and I can see the R. I sigh, staring at the black scrawl. Apparently, the handwriting of your tattoo is what their handwriting looks like when it's stopped evolving. I wonder if Reagan's handwriting is finalized yet. I know mine is. I wonder if I'll ever actually meet her. 

No, stop thinking about her. You don't want her. 

I do, though. 

I sigh again, inwardly cursing at my mental fight. I realize we've reached the airport, and start to get out, after pulling on my beanie and sunglasses, and Paul informs us that the security teams are ready. 

We rush in, and, as soon as our plane starts to board, out on to the plane. I still chuckle at how Liam said that if he wasn't here now, he'd be building airplanes. I don't think I can see Liam doing that. I'd almost be afraid, considering how clumsy he can be. 

It feels like forever until I can pull out my phone, and listen to music. I close my eyes, knowing it's a nine and a half hour flight. The voice of Hunter Hayes fills my ears. My last thought is that I didn't know I had his music. 

-:-:-

I wake about when the plane lands. I grab my carry-on, and we all hurry off the plane, out of the airport, and into our van. The van is taking us to the hotel we had stayed at before. 

During the ride, Paul's phone rings. He answers. "Paul Higgins here." After a moment, he replies "Oh, hello Miss Troy-Paige. How are you?" ... "I'm doing well, thank you. Have you thought about my offer?" ... "That's brilliant! When can we get you to create samples outfits and interviewed? We just arrived in St. Armand's." ... "Today at four-thirty would be great! We're at the St. Armand's Oasis hotel." I look at my watch. 2:30. "No, thank you. I will meet you in the lobby, see you later. Goodbye." He hits the end call button. 

"That the stylist you talked about?" Zayn asks. 

"Yes, so when you get into the hotel, relax for a little while, and she'll be here. So, please, just don't make a mess." 

He walks out, and Niall asks "Pool anyone?"

"I'm in," I reply. 

"Me too," Harry adds. 

"As long as you mean the inside pool, okay."

"Oh, c'mon, Li, were not that insane. Even though it's still 20 degrees out," I reply. He rolls his eyes. 

"Am I going to be forced into this?" Zayn asks. 

"Of course. You should know this by now," I say sassily. He groans.

"Cheers, mates," he says sarcastically, as we all go to get changed.