Chapter Nineteen

He's killing me.

Why isn't he talking to me?

He just ignores me and acts like he's totally fine, and it's absolutely killing me. I can't even look at him, or talk when he's in the same room. It's a wonder how I'm able to even be near him!

At least I won't have to be much longer...

"Ray!" My head snaps up, meeting dark eyes.

"Yeah, Zee?" I ask the married man standing in my doorway.

"You wanna go to the mini golf place?"

"Who's going?" I ask immediately.

He opens his mouth. "Niall, Harry, Liam, Jon, Josh, Dan, Sandy and-" I shut my eyes, willing him not to say 'Louis'. "That's it."

I let go of a shaky breath, before nodding and smiling. "What's he up to?"

"Who?" Realization comes over his face. A bit of anger enters his mysterious eyes. "Jackass is with his father and sister."

I nod, thinking about my best friend's words. His dad? That's good.

I go into the bathroom, take a nice warm shower, and pull on shorts and a floral top, along with a cream crocheted vest. I find Zayn on my bed, playing on my phone. My eyes roll habitually, and he grins at me. "Someone's looking pretty today." I stick my tongue out as I pull on my multi-colored and black Vans.

I follow him to where all the boys are, and then walk two minutes down the street, to a mini golf and go-karting place. After paying and grabbing the clubs, we get started. And suddenly, every one of us becomes serious. The game is on.

-:-

Somehow, I end up beating the boys, and they all groan, until the happy-go-lucky Niall can't be annoyed any longer. He drag us all over to the go-karting, and we immediately get in. The blonde Irishman occupies a blue kart, then begins to chat up the girl beside him, ignoring the rest of us.

I chuckle quietly, entering the hot pink kart, with Zayn on one side with a red one and Liam on the other in a purple one. The eight of us smile mischievously, each of us feeling that we are the winner. We taunt eachother, as the lights turn on in red, then to yellow, and speeding away as they show up as bright green. I grin, feeling air rushing past my face.

Five minutes later, we are on the final lap, and only Liam is in front of me, but by about five yards. I narrow my eyes, pushing the pedal down as far as I can. I speed faster than the brunette, grin as I pass him, and cross the line before him. He groans behind me, and I triumphantly smile.

Once everyone has finished, we all make fun of each other except Niall, who is standing in front of the girl from before, his arms around her waist and hers around his neck. She has curly, golden blonde hair and indigo eyes, and is pale. She is also shorter than Niall, and even looks like she could be my height.

He leans his head down to rest their foreheads against each other, his smile giant and eyes sparkling. She looks just as content as he does. She moves her head a bit and, suddenly, their lips are together, his one hand cupping her cheek. They pull away as wolf whistles fill the air. The two notice us staring, and turn bright red.

"So, Niall, who's your friend?" Josh asks, barely suppressing his grin.

Proudly, the man states "My soul mate."

She waves nervously. "Hi... I'm Aurora... Some people call me Rose, though."

"My very own Princess Aurora." Niall states, wrapping his arms around her from behind. She smiles up at him, and he leans down to peck his lips. I find the scene bittersweet, but I shake off my negative feelings.