Chapter Fourteen

It's now the middle of March, and Reagan is finally settled in with us. She is completely comfortable with us, and that makes me happier than you can imagine. She still gets cold, especially when we were in a part of Canada, on our North American leg of the tour. She does, however, find it cool how, on some parts of the huge country, it was dark all day long.

I've found that she really is intelligent. She knows little bits and pieces of most things, and if you talk to her about horses, her eyes light up brighter than imaginable. Reagan also kind of has some of the same traits as us. She has a nearly as large appetite as Niall, the humor of Harry, the kindness of Liam, and the creativity of Zayn, with the silliness that I posses. She likes pulling pranks with me, but apologizes after all is said and done.

Right now, we are in Tennesee, right about to cross into Alabama. We are staying for three days, as today and the third day are free days.

Harry is over on the other bus, probably playing Barbies with Lux and Reagan. I can just imagine Harry saying something mildly inappropriate, that Lux doesn't understand, and Reagan flushing red and smacking him on the arm.

"We're here, boys!" I hear Paul yell.

We each grab a suitcase, and I also carry Harry's, as we enter the hotel. The other bus arrives a minute later, and out comes Harry and Reagan laughing uncontrollably. Following them is our annoyed band, an exasperated Lou, and a giggling Lux. I give Lou a questioning look. "Those two were making jokes the past hour and a half." I sigh, chuckling at the two. They just grin at me.

Reagan jumps on Harry's back. "To the rooms!" We check in, Reagan and Harry getting some odd looks, as does Niall when he jumps on Zayn's back. By the time were at the hotel room, Reagan is still on Harry's back, Niall is on Zayn's, I'm on Liam's, Josh is carrying Sandy, Jon is carrying Lux, and Dan is just sighing at us, pushing the luggage cart.

Paul opens the door, and once rooms are claimed, we all sit in the living room. Except Reagan, who talks to Paul in the kitchen. I hear her squeal, and hug him. He chuckles, hugging her back. As she walks away, he calls out "Be back by seven tomorrow!"

"I promise!" She excitedly goes into her, Lou, and Lux's room, disappearing from our view. We questioningly look at the older man.

"Going to her grandparents' ranch."

"That's where her horsey and Clint are!" Lux lights up. A few minutes later, Reagan comes out, with a carry-on bag in tow. Her smile lights her entire face. "You're going to see Laila and Clint!" She smiles at the little girl. "I want to meet them!"

"Now, much as I'd love to take you, your momma probably wouldn't let you come."

Lux pouts to her mother. "Please, mummy! I wanna go!"

Lou just looks at the twenty-year-old. "That's up to Reagan."

"You'd let her go?" The woman nods. "Then, lets go pack your bag, sweetheart!" Lux cheers, and motions for Reagan to pick her up. She does so, and the little girl hugs her tight, kisses her cheek, and says "I love you, Reagan."

"Aw, I love you, too, darling." She cuddles the near-four year old to her, looking adorable. I can just imagine her with our own child- I mean her own child! I find Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and myself cooing at the hugging girls. Lux sticks her tongue out.

"You're all are just jealous!" Lux concludes. "Especially Louis."

For a minute I think she means jealous of her, because I want to cuddle Reagan. Then I think she meant jealous of her. I study Lux's face, and know she means the first. I stand up and take Lux from Reagan. "I am jealous, because only I can kiss you!" I kiss all one the little girl's face, erupting giggles from her.