Chapter Twenty-Five

I nervously pull at the hem of my dress, waiting for Stelian to arrive. Joslyn assigned him to be my driver and guard, even after I stopped working at Topshop. She said, and I quote, "You are going places. You need a driver to get there."

Gracie slaps my hand away from my skirt, scolding me. "Stop playing with it. You'll ruin it." I nod, listening to my assistant. Yes, she still is my assistant, as Joslyn assigned her to me, also.

Stelian soon arrives, kissing the backs of our hands, then holding our door open. He grins at me, and I timidly smile back. The two converse, while I stare at the passing buildings. We pass by an apartment building, which I recognize as the building Louis lives in. I sigh quietly, looking away. I fiddle with my wallet, and open to the two pictures that make my heart skip a beat. One is of Louis, smirking in that breathtaking way, like he does after finishing a prank. His eyes crinkle at the corners, and blue irises shine. The other is one Lottie took when I spent a week and half with them. We had all been watching a movie, when I unexpectedly fell asleep on Louis' shoulder. Louis soon passed out, curled around me, and Lottie took our phones, snapping pictures.

I sigh once more, receiving a look from Gracie. "Stop sighing. It's a beautiful day, and your first show."

"Just nervous."

"Or you are worried about your soul mate," Stelian adds.

I meet eyes with his through the mirror, and quickly look away, willing myself not to cry. This is a big day for me. I am showing off my clothing, officially launching my brand of clothing, and announcing that the rumours of a boutique of mine are true.

"No... Just nervous."

"Who are you trying to convince? Us, or yourself?" my assistant questions.

I look between the two closest friends I have right now. I am relieved when we arrive at the venue, and am ushered to the back. I begin to get the models ready, and pray that all goes well.

One girl walks out in my favorite dress of mine, a khaki green colour, and nearly drop the shoe I am holding. "Eleanor," I murmur. Thankfully, no one hears me, the model I am working with too busy securing one shoe on to notice.

Eventually, Eleanor comes to me, grinning widely at me. "You must be Reagan! It's so nice to meet you! I'm Eleanor Calder. "

"I know," I murmur. I pull on a fake smile. "Hello," I reply, shyly.

We chat casually, and I hate the fact that she is so sweet. If she weren't, I'd have a reason to hate her and want to protect Louis from her. Instead, I am wincing at her kind words and soft laughter. She is just perfect for him.

"So, you and Louis?" I ask offhandedly. I swallow a lump in my throat, as she pauses. A smile forms on her face, but unlike a dreamy grin you get when you think about the one you love. More like the smile you form when someone mentions your best friend.

"As friends, yes. We haven't dated since twenty-twelve." I let go of a breath I didn't know was being held. "Besides, he's been heartbroken over a certain someone." She gives me a pointed look, before going to makeup.

-:-

My heart pounds as I speak in front of a hundred-or more-people. I can't tell, due to the bright lights in my eyes. All I know is that my family, Crystal, and Josh all are here. Trying to stay at a normal tone of voice, I think only of my clothing and the questions being asked.

Thankfully, all is done soon, and I talk to the news reporters and such outside. When that is over, I go into my dressing room, sighing gratefully. I plop onto the small couch, and let my mind wander.