Chapter Twelve

It is now New Year's Eve, and we just finished our sound check before the live show. We're performing Steal My Girl, Night Changes, and Fireproof, our latest popular songs. Reagan has picked out our outfits already, mine is black skinnies, a white button up, red suspenders, and a black coat. We all have nearly the same-besides none of them have suspenders-, except Harry has an red scarf, Liam has a red vest, Niall has a normal tie, and Zayn has a red bandana around his neck. I have a feeling that the person who talks to us on air will likely ask about Reagan, and maybe even ask her to come on out.

After all, no one has seen her with us yet.

We decide to stay in for our early dinner, and Harry and Reagan collaborate in the kitchen. The rest of us watch TV, hearing all about us and others on the countdown tonight. In all actuality, we will be up on the platform when New Year's hits the east coast.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the door. When the others make no move to get up, I groan, and open the door. On the other side, is none other than Perrie Edwards-Malik (A/N I have no idea how they're doing the last names in real life but ZERRIE FOREVER BIOTCHES. Sorry you're not biotches, you're very lovely people sorry sorry). "Hey, Pez, what's up?"

"Just came to see my husband, who's asleep."

"Let's wake him up then, shall we?" I ask mischievously. She grins. This is why we get along so well. Liam, Jon, and Sandy all shake their heads, while Niall, Dan, and Josh chuckle.

After a few minutes, the petite blonde and I jump onto the sleeping lad, causing him to suddenly wake up, jolting upward. He glares when he sees Perrie and me sitting on him, and kicks me off of him. He gently pushes her off, flopping to face the couch.

Perrie attempts to pull him to face us. "Aw, c'mon, Zaynie."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please? For me?"

He peeks at her, and his eyes soften greatly. "Fine." She cheers, and he pulls her closer. They kiss and I look away, finding Reagan smiling, and looking longingly at them, and eyes move to meet mine. After a few moments of looking at each other, she goes back into th kitchen, disappearing from my view. I shake my head and try to engulf myself in the current conversation.

-:-

We arrive at the venue, early of course, and there are already people outside. The lads and I go out, talking the the few people already at their seats. There are some Directioners, and they come up, happily chatting with us. They all have these giant grins on their faces as we say farewell, and leave the stage.

Right behind the curtain is Reagan, smiling stupidly. "You guys are so good to your fans." We thank her, as she leads us to our room. We stop to smile and wave and introduce Reagan to another singer every once in a while. Those include Ed Sheeran, Little Mix-even though she met Perrie-, 5SOS, and that Hunter Hayes guy she likes. The look on her face is likely the most precious thing I've ever seen, when he calls her lovely. And when he hugs her, she looks like she's the happiest thing alive. But, y'know, I got kind of sort of really damn jealous. She should be that excited to see me! She should be that happy when she hugs me!

Not soul mates, damn it!

I shake my head, and we are soon in the dressing room. We aren't going on until ten to midnight, but we get to stand on the various extra stages, and wave to fans and sign things.

We all undress, while Reagan pulls out our clothes. She hands us each our clothes. I start to fumble with the shirt first. After a few minutes, I give up on buttoning it. Reagan just sighs, smiling at me, and buttons it all the way to the top. "Good?" she asks sweetly. Our faces are...too close...way too close. I nod, not trusting my own voice.