Chapter Twenty-Three

I gnaw on my lip, as I look at the tabloid in front of me. My momma had sent me to the store the other day, and I saw this with Louis on the cover. I know I shouldn't have, so I had to sneak it to my room. But I had to! It said his name, and now I see that the picture is of him smiling at a girl. I haven't had the chance to look further than the cover, because I just got my Starbucks job back. My boss was more than happy to add me back to the schedule, thank goodness.

It's currently eleven in the evening, and I just woke up from a nightmare, so there's no chance of me falling back asleep.

I finally open up to the cover story. There are more pictures of Louis and the girl, hugging, laughing, holding hands, and sitting close at Starbucks. I hold myself together as I begin to read the article.

"On Tuesday, Louis Tomlinson, 23, was spotted holding hands and shopping with his ex and model Eleanor Calder, 23. This has surprised many, due to recent events in the young star's life. He admitted not even a week before that his stylist, Reagan Troy-Paige, 20, is his soul mate. He even sang indirectly to her and apologized in front of thousands of fans.

"We found out later that night that the young fashionista quit her job. The reason is unclear, but many believe it is because of the tension Tomlinson talked about. Oddly, though, we have him with his ex. We believe that they have gotten back together. Hundreds of pictures of the pair have been posted and reblogged, with the hashtags 'ElounorNotRou', 'ElounorForever', and 'EleanorIsBetter'. So the biggest question is: Team Elounor or Team Rou? Take our poll at http://goo.gl/tvhIhJ ."

Numbly, I pull out my laptop, and carefully type in the URL. I click on results, and am surprised by the amounts. It says that "Team Rou" has eighty-three point six percent of the vote. But still, the pictures of them are there, and they are closer than Louis and I ever were. I look up this girl, and find she's a model. That doesn't surprise me, you know, a model and a singer together.

I look on Twitter, but among the trends, I see '#ElounorIsNotReal'. I open it up. I scroll through the tweets, smiling slightly at the messages saying how Louis and I are adorable together. I see the little icon, telling me there are new tweets within the hashtag. I click it, and scan over the ten new tweets. One catches my eye, that was posted a minute ago. It makes my mood lighten slightly, and a tiny ghost of a smile to fall upon my lips.

"Louis Tomlinson @Louis_Tomlinson: Eleanor is just a good friend #ElounorIsNotReal"

He must be awake. It's four in the morning there; he only stays up this late if he has something on his mind. Maybe it's me. The thought makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

At least I have that.

-:-

My phone begins blaring Half a Heart, and I end it as Louis sings his first note. "Hello?"

"Is this Miss Troy-Paige?" A British accent questions. But it isn't anyone I know...

"Uh, yes. May I ask who's calling?"

"My name is Joslyn Matthews. I am the head of design of the Topshop company."

"Oh, yes, ma'am, what can I do for you?" I ask confused.

"I'm calling to offer you a job. I want you to be one of our designers."

Did she just...? "I'm sorry, can you repeat that? It sounded like you said you wanted me to be a designer."

"That's exactly what I said."

"But, how did you see my designs?"

"They were sent in by friends of yours."