~Chapter Six~

"To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad. "And to girls that break your heart," he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus. "And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her."

- Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

~ Chapter Six~

I had never ever felt this bad about anything. But I guess this is what it's like to have your heartbroken.

Locked away in my room, I ignore the desperate pleas from mainly Calum and Ashton to come in. I just wanted to be left alone to wallow in this newfound emotion.

I laid in my bed crying for hours and I eventually just cried myself to sleep.

It was around eleven at night when I decided to come out of my bedroom. My eyes were bloodshot and puffy from crying.

As I creeped out of my room I noticed everyone was in bed except for Calum and Michael. I found the two in engaged in what looked like a serious conversation in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen all awkward grabbing a water. And before I could make a grand exit Calum stopped me.

"Are you ok Syd? " he asked with his eyes full of worry.

" Physically Im fine." I told him.

" Michael said you didn't feel good." He said as I glared at Michael who was staring at me.

" I could say the same about him" I snapped. "But I'm fine, I just got car sick earlier." I said to him.

" Well Sydney , if it didn't feel good you shouldn't have begged for it" he snapped.

I was beyond pissed at this point.

" At least I'm not like you with your hit it and quit it attitude" I spat.

" Am I missing something ? " Calum asked with a look of utter confusion on his face.

"Just the fact that Michael has a habit of leading people on" I snapped as I rolled my eyes and went back to my room and slammed the door.

About ten minutes later I heard a knock at the door.

" Hey Syd can I come in? " Calum asked from the other side of the wooden door.

I got up off the comfy bed to let him in. Once I opened the door he came in and hugged me.

"Hey Cal?" I asked.

" Yes Syd?" he asked in reply.

" Will you stay in here tonight ?" I asked.

" Of course" he replied and hopped on my bed.

" What did Michael tell you ?" I asked curiously.

"He was vague, all I know is that you too had a fight." he replied honestly.

"Ok" I replied as I snuggled into Calum with tears running down my face.

" I think I made a huge mistake" I said while crying.

" Oh Syd, what did you do ?" he asked as he brushed the hair out of my face and his voice full of concern.

" What do you think I did ?" I solemnly asked.

" I have a good idea" he told me his eyes now glazed over as if he was going to cry as well.

" He led me on" I started " But in the end I was the fool who slept with him. But that's not even the worst part." I said my voice cracking.

Calum was silent for a moment before he asked me " What's the worst part?" he asked me.

" The fact that I ruined our friendship for thinking it meant something is bad. But what's even worse than that" I said and paused for a moment before saying " I'm in love with him Cal." I said with tears cascading from my eyes.