Nataly's POV

Sorry, I didn't really introduce myself properly. My name's Nataly Stone. Don't laugh, I don't really control what my last name is. No one does. Ok, you're probably wondering what caused my dad to be imprisoned and why I'm being hunted down right now. Well these science monkeys can hold a grudge. Before they opened up their science lab, the thugs had come to my mom and dad and asked them for funds to open up their own science lab. Their reasons for opening the stupid lab were to quote on quote " work on something that can change the world". My dad is not stupid. He was very clever and thought in riddles. He explained that the world can be changed in two ways. In a good way or a bad way. As to not knowing which one he would be funding to, he refused to pay the fund. They left angrily. Apparently, some idiot paid the fund and they were able to open their stupid lab. By then, I was already born. I was three. I still remember them coming to the house. Telling my father that the minute I turned 13, they'd be here, taking me and using me as a science experiment. When I turned 13, they came, but the three of us ran. For the past four years, my family and I have been on the run. Long time, huh? We never had a proper home, never really had proper friends. The only friend I had was Catelyn. She was friends with me since I was five. She knew I was going to be on the run. So she switched homes whenever we left somewhere else. That's how we have maintained such a strong friendship. She became a part of our resistance, too.

And now, for the first time ever, one of my family members had been captured. Our leader had been captured. And I was real angry about it.

---------------------

"Nataly, we have to go, we need to get to the airport. Our flight leaves soon," Catelyn shakes me awake. "You're going too?" I grumble. "I'm as much a part of this as you are," Catelyn protests.

We snuck into Catelyn's garage and started the engine in her car. Catelyn was a year older so she was able to drive. "Wow, last time I drive this piece of junk, I admit, I'm going to miss it," she jokes as she drives out of her garage. I can't help but smile at the joke.

"Nataly, are you serious about coming back and helping him escape?" Catelyn asks.

"Yes" I reply.

"You do know that that's exactly what they want? I thought, you'd be clever enough to realize that," she sighed.

"I've been on the run long enough to know that they can never catch me. I had real close calls, you know trapped, flown away, captured, but in the end, I always escape and I always come to whatever home we're in at the moment," I gazed out the window as the airport came into view.

"Then why don't you trust that your dad will do the same?" She continues looking at the street.

We stay silent until it's time for us to board the plane.

---------------------

As we walk out of the airport, I see my mom waiting by a car. She waves and Catelyn and I make our way over to her.

My mom squeezes me into a hug. "I'm so glad you're safe," she says into my ear. She pulls away and looks at me. "I'm sorry about your dad, sweetie. When he told me, I tried to talk him out of it, but he was determined on keeping you safe," tears glistened in her eyes. "It's ok," I force it out of my mouth. "Catelyn honey, so glad you're safe, too." She pulls Catelyn into a hug and pulls away. "Come on girls, hop in," she walks around to the driver's side.

We drive past Big Ben and the London Eye. But instead of sight-seeing, I gaze out the window, looking at all the happy people. I bet none of them are being hunted down.

But then, at a stoplight, I spotted five boys in a park. They were all wearing sunglasses, as if trying not to be noticed. One had really curly hair. The other wore stripes and had regular hair. Another had really light brown hair. Another had really dark  hair. And  the last boy had blonde hair. He turned and smiled at the other boys. They all smiled at each other. They must be friends or something. They were obviously hiding from someone, but to have friends meant, they weren't on the run.