Chapter 6

We arrived at the castle twenty minutes ago. When we arrived Darlene and I were rushed away to get ready.

That is how I was getting my hair and makeup was being added to my face.

It took them a whole hour to get my hair and makeup fully done. Now I'm getting my dress put on.  It took only a few minutes for me to get it on.

I put on my matching earrings and ring. I also threw on a silver snake bracelet.

I sat on the bed as someone helped me put on my black heels

I look at the time 7:41 I have 19 minutes before the ball starts. I stand up and wait so my feel can adjust to the height.

I'm handed my mask and sprayed with a sweet flower smelling perfume. I walk out of my room and towards the staircase. I slowly descend the staircase careful not to fall or slip.

I put my foot on the last step when I see Mr. Paisley opening the door for the town to enter and make their way towards the ballroom.

"How do you do Mr. Paisley," I ask walking closer to him as I put my mask on. He looks up and smiles. 

"I'm magnificent how about you?" he inquired.

"I'm also magnificent I gotta go and find Darlene" I scurry over to the ballroom. I take in the three people who are early.

None of them are Darlene, I guess she's still getting ready.

I hurried and walk out of the room, heading towards Darlene's room.

I knock before entering, I see her dressed in her light pink and grey dress floor length puffy dress. Her hair is pinned back into a bun. 

She pulled on her matching mask and turned to me smiling. I give her a small smile.

"What one do you prefer?" I question holding out the rings I bought earlier.

She looks at my hand thinking.

"I like the look of the silver one," she says looking me in the eyes.

"Here," I say giving her the silver one as I put the gold one on my finger.

She put it on thanking me and giving me a quick hug. 

"Come on now you don't want to be late for your own party," I say pushing her out of the room and to the stairs.

Darlene goes to the ballroom as I make my way outside. As I step out I feet the cool November air brushing against my skin.

The sun was setting when I looked out to the sky. I walk inside deciding to get the sister dance over with before the kids from school show up.

I rush to the ballroom spotting my sister almost instantly in the crowd.

I walk up to her as someone starts the music. I expected it to be the usual that our mother picks but to my surprise it's the pop music the kids at school blare in the hall through passing time and lunch.