There Are No Words

2 Weeks Later

Emily was sitting in the lounge room playing with Malia, she was distracting herself the best she could. Not only was she struggling to cope with what was going on with Luca. She just saw the bruises Ashlyn had left on Mal's body. They had rented an indoor pool area for Luca's birthday and Mal had forgotten about the bruises, Sophia forced her to tell everyone what had happened.

Ali was the most concerned out of everyone. She felt as though it was her fault, but everyone knew that wasn't the case. When Ali had found out she ran into Steph's arms in tears. She thought no one had noticed but they had. Everyone was really starting to hope for the pair to get together, Emily had even tried convincing Steph to make a move, but was unsuccessful.

Even though the day started off crap because of what everyone had found out. It ended on a good note. Luca had had the time of his life and even though he was only able to stay awake for just over an hour he was happy and had really enjoyed having his family together on his birthday.

Once they got home Emily had carried Luca up to his room and tucked him in. His nurse Jones, who had also been at his birthday, connected him back up to his machines and left for the day.

"Tell me what you're thinking" Lauren says, she had been watching Emily and could see she was off in her own little world.

"How could she do that to Mal? Mal is the baby of the group, the one we are all meant to protect" Emily says her eyes still focused on her daughter that was playing with large Lego, in between Emily's stretched out legs.

"I wish I could answer that question for you baby" Lauren sighed. She to couldn't wrap her head around it. She was absolutely disgusted and wasn't sure if she would ever be able to look at Ashlyn the same again. Everyone in the house had blocked Ashlyn's number a few days ago, after she had called and abused Lauren for not being told. She was clearly drunk, but that wasn't a good enough excuse for the girls. They needed a break from her and Kelley had come up with the idea to block her number for a few days.

"I always knew that she could be a little self centred, but I honestly never thought she would be this bad" Emily says leaning her back against the foot of the couch, in between Lauren's legs. Lauren leaned down and wrapped her arm around her fiance, kissing her cheek twice before Emily turned her face to allow them to capture each other's lips.

"I love you" Lauren says as they pull apart. Emily smiled pecking Lauren's lips twice.

"I love you too" Emily says before turning back to her daughter. Deciding to distract herself again she starts playing with the blocks and tickling Malia to make her daughter giggle.

Steph and Ali had gone out to lunch, they both needed the distraction and right now the only people that helped them with that was eachother. Ali had missed living with her best friends, she had missed seeing them everyday, but having 11 people under one roof was becoming a little over whelming for everyone.

Mal was never meant to be staying at the house, but Sophia, Kelley and Alex had forced her. You're family and family stay together! Is what Sophia had said to get the girl to stay. She had expected it to be awkward since the last time her and Sophia lived together the were actually an item. But so far things had been the opposite of awkward.

"How am I meant to support her once Luca's gone?" Sophia asked JJ and Mal who were lying in the bed with her.

JJ slipped her arm around her girlfriend waist and pulled her closer, since arriving no one had really spoken about Luca's situation, because it was to hard for everyone to handle. "None of you will be alone. We will all be here to support each other" JJ says calmly, rubbing a soothing hand up and down Sophia's back.

Mal stayed silent, her hand on Sophia's thigh to give the older girl a little comfort, she didn't no how to be or act. She was the newest member of the 'family' she didn't have years of bonding, or a relationship with one of the girls. She felt a little out of place, but the was no place in the world she would rather be.

"I'm not ready" Sophia chockes out, making the girls aware of her broken state. JJ pulled her girlfriend in tighter, before grabbing Mal and pulling her closer to. Sophia being wrapped in the embrace by the two girls.

They stayed silent because there are no words that can make any of this better, all they could do is hold each other and be there.

A loud continuous beeping sound broke the girls apart, the three of them running from the room and down the hall to Luca's room. Sophia nearly falling to her knee's when she sees Emily over the top of Luca, trying her hardest to revive her son as tears feel from her eyes.

JJ wrapped her arms around Sophia, pulling her from the room, she didn't need to see this. They both fell to the ground, there backs against the wall as they cried.

Emily begged for her son to come back, screaming up him to survive as she pressed down over and over again on his chest. It was to soon. Lauren stood in shock squeezing her daughter in her arms as prayed for god to save her son.

Paramedics run into the room, Lyn the nurse close behind them. The two men pushing Emily to the side gently while they worked on bring the boy back. Emily stumbled back, her back and head hitting the wall behind her nefore she slipped to the ground, Lauren handed Malia to Mal before running to Emily's side, pulling the women she loves into her arms as they watched on hopefully.

Alex was in Kelley's embrace in the corner of the room, begging for everything to be okay. Kelley struggled, but finally managed to pull Alex from the room covering her girlfriends face. She didn't walk Alex to watch the boy that brought her so much joy to die.

Ali's heart shattered as her and Steph pulled up out the front seeing the ambulances. Both girls ripping of there seat belts and bolting into the house. They see JJ and Sophia on the floor of the hall way, in a puddle of tears. Kelley standing further away as she holds Alex close. Ali's eyes flood with tears as she peers around the corner and into the room.

"Clear.." She hears the paramedic say before watching her nephew's chest jolt up. "Nothing. Continue compressions"

Don't you dare take him Ali internally screams at God.