10 hours later.

Itachi's POV

It's been 3 years since I've officially asked out my longtime lover. I've been actively contemplating of popping the big question to her. My infatuation for her is immeasurable and I perceive she's the one for me, my one and only, my soulmate.

I'll have to get consent from her father and mother first... and get the ring... and think this through. Besides all that I think we're actually ready. I would die a million times for Izumi, I've never felt love this way before and I really think it's time.

I decided to spend the day with Iruka Senpai, Kaka senpai, and Gai Senpai. Maybe they would help me with all of this.

When we all met up at the park near the academy, I started talking about the idea of wanting to propose to Izumi. They were all shocked at first but of course on board... then they released mixed emotions. Now I don't know how they feel.

"Lets go ring shopping!" Said Guy Senpai

(Some people spell it Guy or Gai so I'm just gonna use both)

We of course obliged to what he said and we looked at a vast variety of rings. "Maybe I should get her a kunai that has our names engraved in it instead of a ring." I said "I can't find the right one." "NOOOOO DON'T DO THAT" Gai, Kakashi, and Iruka said in unison.

I respectfully 'shut up' as they irrationally elucidate their verdict, which seemed to be around twenty minutes, give or take. Oh and surprise, it was twenty minutes.

As they berated me with reasonings, we approached the last store and I assuredly discovered the ring. It was a princess cut diamond with sapphires embedded in the band. It also included an engraving that said "I love Michael Jackson". It was exquisite and unique, and they said there was no such thing as the perfect ring.

As I checked out, they managed to disclose new excuses of why I shouldn't get married. For nationally known shinobi..... Due to respect I won't even say anything.

I purchased the superb masterpiece, which cost 500,000 Ryo. One hundred percent worth it.

Iruka Senpai, Kaka Senpai, and Gai Senpai had recently departed and now I just need to plan out the best way to ask her and I need consent from her parents of course. I'll just do the parents last. Her parents can be protective at times, but what parent wouldn't be.

Actually Izumi lives 30 seconds away from this great dumpling stand. Izumi was in the middle of town shopping, so now would be the ideal time to ask for their blessing.

Right when the man handed me my dumplings, I scurried over to Izumi's house, changing my pace as my fear escalated.

When I arrived at their humble abode, they welcomed me in open arms. I courtesy bowed down in the utmost respect. Subsequently after the brief greeting, Izumi's mother gave me a full, adept hug.

Now I know where Izumi gets it from.

Subsequently breaking the ice, I alas ripped the bandaid off.

"I hope you guys know that I love Izumi and I wanna spend the rest of my life with her." I then showed them the ring. Their facial expressions gave me gratitude.

"So big, so smooth!" Her mother gazed in awe.

That's what she said

Izumi's father hastily interrupted my thoughts.

"You're dating my daughter? I thought you were gay.. hmm." he whispered in a chilling voice with a mixture of fury and abhorrence.

I languidly backed up as uneasiness permeated my system.

"Just kidding." Izumi's father snorted.

"Oh, sir, I got scared there for a bit!" I chuckled in a aghast and relieved way.

Izumi's parents deeply stared at each other in dismay and gratitude. It seems if as if they were having a telepathic conversation at the moment.

"I know you can take care of our daughter and I'd be happy to have gain an amazing son like you." Izumi's mother said as her father quickly nodded. "But if you ever hurt my little girl" Izumi's father growled... "I'll do everything in my power to destroy you.. Even though you're extremely overpowered." Izumi's father vigorously snarled... "But I doubt you will... I know you're a good guy." He then cheerfully sang.

I was perched down on the high stool in their kitchen, eye wide and panic-stricken. I soon put myself in a tranquil, serene state, as I comprehended his blessing approved.

Once I departed from the 'Fun House', adrenaline surfaced every crevice of my body. My body jittered as if I just had consumed four hundred Chakra Soda-pop Cans.

I then briskly dashed to my house to ask my mother a bulky favor.