Nagato and Naruto Uzumaki

"I am doing this for peace. There is a cycle of hatred. I started the Akatsuki in order to stop it. Revenge is only self satisfaction. Nothing will change if you kill either of us right here, right now." Nagato said emotionless.

"I can't forgive you.. You've caused so much pain to me.. To everyone. You deserve to pay for this, dattebayo!" Naruto screamed.

For some reason, he wasn't thrusting himself forward or using a jutsu to attack like usual. Does Sage Mode come with self control?

"The fact that someone so amazing as Ero Sannin would be your sensei, your teacher, the person who got you through your life!.. And you turn out like this!" Naruto howled.

He still wasn't making a move.

"Do you hate me?" Nagato asked. There was no mischievous remark, no sense of sadness, no feeling of anger, or a single vibe of hatred in his words.

Naruto stood still for a moment.

"Naruto," Minato stepped in. "This monster known as hate will not die. While there is a ninja system, it will give birth to more Pains. To be a ninja is to confront hatred. Each and everyone one of us battles hatred. Jiraiya Sensei trusted you to find a way to end this hatred."

"You will sacrifice yourself for the peace I will create." Nagato said.

Nagato then pierced Naruto in the chest with a chakra pole.

"Rest assured, I didn't hit any of your valuable spots, I need you, Jinchuuriki." Nagato stilled with his expresionaless words

Minato and I were on the verge of jumping in, our faith stopping us. This was Naruto's fight and will, something we must not steal from him.

Nagato was then squirming in his chakra mechanism. For Naruto being a Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi, it was a chakra overload for Nagato.

"I came here to talk to you...." Naruto divulged.

His words shocked Hokage-Sama and I.

"This!"

Naruto pulled out a book from his pocket. The last thing I would expect he would have in there. It was torn up and beaten with pages crumpled and ripped.

"This is the 'Tales of a Gutsy Ninja'! Jiraiya Sensei's first novel. You were his first team. Then it was my father," He then pointed to Minato. "Then me. He learned a lot from the first generation of Team Jiraiya. He soon passed it down to my Tou-san, and then me. This book represents never giving up on faith!
I still hate you, I can't forgive you.
But.. Ero Sannin believed in me. I will put my faith in his belief. "

Naruto then tore the chakra pole from his chest. His Sage Mode was deactivated.

"There is no such thing as peace! We won't wait for you to make this cursed world a better place! Words of forgiveness come easy. Love does not. Jiraiya Sensei's words reflect on idealism from an era long past. It is far removed from reality.

"If there's such a thing as peace, I'll seize it! I'll never give up!"

"Those..words.."

"Taken straight from this book... He was trying to change the world with these books. The hero of this book is named....Naruto! That's where I get my name from, dattebayo.
At the end of the story, it mentions a student who helped him with his inspiration. That was you Nagato."

"No..."

The feeling of regret filled his system.

I looked in Minato, tears flooding our eyes. Naruto.. You've grown up.

We then heard inaudible voices from Konan and Nagato.

There was glowing and a sense of chakra appearing. Nagato was turning crisp and his

hair was turning white, I presumed he was atoning for his sins

Tears shot down my eyes. I reached for Naruto and gave him a pat on the back, avoiding his wound.

"I believe you can truly bring peace Naruto. I'll help you by reviving everyone....." Nagato said with one last breath.

The tree then came apart, displaying the sunlight of the world.

"Itachi nii-san.. You should go to your family." Naruto said with tears in his eyes but a smile on his face.

(A/N Since we were in the Pain arc during this time, I was debating whether or not Itachi should steal the spotlight and take Naruto's spot. Honestly, that's one of my favorite arcs in Naruto and it's something that I couldn't take away from him. Naruto does quite in fact have the best talk no jutsu in the series IMO. Sorry if you got annoyed about that.)

I then ran, ran like the wind, full blast to my family. The family that I love and Naruto's words made that love perhaps even stronger.

When I made it to the debris of central Konoha, everyone has risen from the dead, I sensed appearing chakra everywhere, including my fathers.

I ran towards Izumi which was where Tou-san's appearing chakra had seemed to be. This must mean Izumi is alright!

As I head to the group of people gathered around in what seemed to be a circle, I wondered what could have happened. Group hug without me?

Obito and Rin looked at me with distraught. Tou-san was holding baby girl and staring at the body on the ground.

Izumi.

She was still unconscious.

"Izumi...., I thought everyone was revived...No..."

Realization struck my brain. Izumi was never dead...

"IZUMI!!" I pleaded.