The Perfect Wedding

Itachi's POV

I stood upon the grass hill altar decorated with alluring flowers ubiquitous.

I'M LIKE GETTING MARRIED WHAT IF MY MY VOWS AREN'T LIKE GOOD.

My groomsman and best man Shisui stared up at me. Shisui and Gai simultaneously gave me a thumbs up and showcased a bright white smile.

OHAY WHATEVER I WANT I WANT IWANT HELP ME WHAT IF SHE RUNS OUT ON ME!!!! Bet she looks hot tho lololo. As my thoughts raced, there she was.

Izumi.

As she walked down the aisle, she looked impeccably flawless.

If my love were an ocean,
there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I'd be soaring in flight.

Music was playing but all I could hear was the sounds of mine and Izumi's heart as if they were pumping in synch.

I'm ready for this, and by the look of Izumi's perfectly structured confident face, she was too.

All eyes were on Izumi in her beautiful kimono, almost all of Konoha showed up.

My luck is as if a moth had survived a flame. She's a major factor of why I don't take anything for granted. My anchor to my ship, my Hillary to my Clinton, my one and only.

Damn, those should've been my vows. For once, Shisui may have been right about winging it.

OKAY SHE'S WALKING SHE'S WALKING SHE'S WALKING SHE'S WALKING.
OKAY NOW SHE'S WALKING UP THE HILL. I should grab her arm now, she's in heels.

As I grabbed her arm to boost her up, I saw her containing her excitement with every step. We stood in front of each other with our love connecting us.

Yondaime Hokage was our officiant as he stood at the maximum of the hill before all of us. After a while of saying his wise words, it was time for the vows. I've been writing these ever since I was 8. I was a hopeless romantic...

Anyways...

"I'll go first." I offered as I saw the shy lip bite approaching Izumi's face

I cleared my throat and I didn't even bother to bring out the index card with my blood, sweat, and tears written all over it.

"Izumi, my sweet Izumi. I promise to be your lover, companion, and best friend.
Your partner in parenthood,
Your ally in conflict,
Your greatest fan and your toughest adversary.
Your comrade in adventure,
Your student and your teacher, Your consolation in disappointment,
Your accomplice in mischief.
This is a sacred vow to you, my equal in all things. All things
I love you Izumi, and if you let me, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.. Until we can't even mumble a word."

I sniffed as I finished and I heard people tearing up. As I looked up, I saw Izumi crying with a smile on her face.

"Oh my Itachi.." she said as she sniffed. "I love you!"

"Now it is time for Izumi's vows." Hokage-sama announced.

"Well, this is probably wimpy compared to yours..... But here we go!

"I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together.
With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine
I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person-- my love and my life, today and always." Izumi said as she sobbed.
I started crying, Shisui started crying, almost all of Konoha started to cry.

"Izumi.. You must think I'm pretty weak for crying." I timidly squeaked while laughing , just having professing my love.

"Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive..... Lovurrrrrrrrrr!" Izumi quoted.

We both laughed together as Yondaime called the ring boys.

A crying Sasuke and Naruto came down the aisle with red velvet pillows in hand, containing our wedding rings. They swayed as they walked with the flowergirls following close behind. Rose petals stained the white aisle giving it a distinct color.

As the ring boys and flower girls arrived to the altar, they raise their eyebrows at us and smiled.

Yondaime waved us to take the rings.

"Izumi do you take Itachi to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Itachi do you take Izumi to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Okay I now pronounce you husband and wife, You may now kiss the bride."

I gazed into Izumi's eyes and grabbed her face. It's been too long. I then dipped her and kissed her passionately.

Everyone was clapping and we had an immense smile on our faces. After about 10 seconds, I carried her up bridal style, and walk down the aisle as our entourage followed us to the reception. I stroked her cheek as we sat down.

"Devastatingly gorgeous." I said as I put my arms around her waist.

"Now let's get through with this part together because we're gonna be here all night. Can't wait to get you into bed." I said slyly.
We were going to be at the reception since the not everyone in Konoha could make it to the ceremony. This night is gonna be a small talk chit chat with tons of booze. Also the highest point in my life.

10 hours later

At Home

Izumi was surrounded in gifts that surfaced our complete living room. It's as if a mountain range had just been created in our house.

"SO MANY GIFTS!!! EEEEEEK" She said making snow angels in there.
"Damn papercuts and sharp edges psh."

"Oh lord I'm so fatigued, we should spend all day opening these tomorrow and writing 'Thank you' letters. I said with an exhausted tone.

We also agreed on not getting 'freaky' tonight since the probability of us just falling unconscious on top of eachother was immense.

As I exited the restroom, just having brushed my teeth, I caught a view of a little Izumi sleeping on top of her Kitchen Aid Mixer. Oh, my gorgeous strong baby. So flawless and stunning. Izumi is too...

I carried my newlywed to the bedroom and laid her down gently, tucking her in and getting her hair out of her face. I just stared at her until I collapsed. Which was like 10 seconds later. Now that the wedding is over, we have not only the honeymoon to look forward to, but the rest of our lives together.

It's one thing to fall in love. It's another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a responsibility toward toward that love.

Before I bask in the cozy warmth of my dreams, I quietly whispered a goodnight to Izumi.