Chapter 11 - I Can't Do This

Thanks for all your support, people! I am on my second update of today and I am excited to keep this story going! 

I know you guys might not like the Harry and Peter pairing of the last chapter which is why it is limited to only that chapter. Harry is going to be a little protective of Peter but he is going to move on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been three days since I last saw Sam or Harry. Harry had helped me to get rid of my ears and tail so now I'm back to normal but my powers are coming back really slowly. 

I felt bad about kissing Harry and all that because I figured out just today that I can't keep doing that stuff. I like Sam and I always will. But at least now I know that even at 2 in the morning, Harry will always be there for me. 

I heard someone knocking on the door and opened it to see Harry was standing there, with a bouquet of roses. 

"Sympathy roses, Pete... Nothing special..." Harry said, chuckling. I smiled and hugged him, taking the flowers and putting them in a nice vase, filling it with water. 

"Thanks, Harry." I said, hugging him.

"No problem." He said, kissing my cheek. I blushed and shifted on my feet uncomfortably. 

"Um, Harry..." I whispered. 

"Yeah?" Harry asked, leaning in to kiss me again. I held my arm up to stop him.

"I can't do this." I whispered. 

"Can't do what?" Harry raised a brow. 

"I can't keep leading you on. I don't like you that way. It took me until today to figure it out but I like Sam. I miss him and I want to see him. Is it okay for us to just stay best friends?" I was speaking rapidly, very nervous. Harry smiled and laughed. 

"Of course, Pete. I figured you'd get it all sorted out by now. That doesn't mean I won't be protective over you when you're with Sam since he was such a dick when he broke up with you but yeah, I think it's better for us to be friends too." Harry hugged me and I started crying.

"Thank you!" I whimpered, wiping away my tears with a tissue.

"No problem, Peter." He said. Okay, now to get things right with Sam. 

My wall-sticking ability was weak but my Spidey-sense had come back even stronger than before. It told me what kind of danger I was in such as fatal or emotional or stuff like that. It was a more detailed feeling and it would go off sooner when needed. I was grateful for it sometimes but other times, not so much. 

"You want to watch a movie?" Harry asked, dragging me to the couch.

"Sure." I said, smiling. I wondered if Sam would call me anytime soon. I would be going back to school tomorrow, so maybe I would see him there. I could only hope so. 

Harry sat close to me, his arm around my shoulders like normal. I realized yesterday that he's been doing that for years. Sam never did that... I noticed that yesterday too. Instead, Sam would put his arm around my waist. I was okay with that I guess... Man, I really miss Sam.

When the movie was over, Harry took me out to eat to this nice diner. We stayed there late and ended up getting free mini-pies. It was awesome! 

On the way home, we caught up about some stuff and I told him more about my adventures as Spider-Man as well as exactly what had happened to Norman Osborn, his Dad, and why. He was cured now, of course, but Harry still wanted to know. He deserved to know.

"So when are we hanging out next?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"At school tomorrow?" I stated in a questioning tone.

"Sounds good. Oh, and don't worry! I'll help you get back with Sam again, okay?" Harry said, winking at me. I blushed.

"Thanks." I said softly. 

"No problem! But if he ever fights with you or hurts you, come to me and I'll make sure he pays for it!" Harry's face became very serious for a moment. I nodded. 

"Of course!" I said, serious as well. 

"Okay, so see you tomorrow!" Harry said, going back out to his car. When I could no longer see it going down the street, I went inside and sat on my bed. I decided to get some clothes out for tomorrow and laid back down. 

I sighed and started looking through my Instagram on my phone. Nothing interesting so I went into my Youtube app, deciding on watching Superfruit. They were some pretty cool guys and I swear they are together. You can see it in their eyes. They're just not telling anyone. 

They're also from the band Pentatonix. The blond is Scott and the smaller one is Mitch. Mitch is my queen... I loved how they always said their names were some weird name every video. It was something different every time. 

I watched their 99 Ways to Ditch Your Date video, laughing the entire time. Maybe I'll use some of these one day. Probably not but you never know. 

I put my phone on the charger after about 5 or 6 videos, closing the app and changed into night clothes after a quick shower. I quickly fell asleep only seconds after hitting the bed. 

I'm going to get Sam back...

I can do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was that? Coming at you with my second update of the day! I hope you're enjoying the story so far! How is it? Let me know in the comments below! 

I love Pentatonix and Mitch is my queen. I swear that Schomiche is real! Scott even says they're in love! It's subtle hints at telling us they're together! I love Superfruit honestly. Mitch is also competing for my title of The Gayest Person On Earth. I am the champion! 

Anyways! Thanks for reading my Gaybies! Bye!

~Christopher