Chapter 13 - SHIELD Training Sessions

It was the weekend and I was surprised that we were training. It should be a day to relax since it was a Saturday. Summer was coming up soon and I didn't know what would happen. I just felt like something big was going to happen in general.

Sam kept messing up and I think it was because of me. I don't know exactly what I'm doing that's distracting him but I knew I should probably call it quits on training for now. 

"Hey, team! We're done for now." I yell out. The training program shuts down and we headed for the door. I noticed it was already around lunch time and I haven't eaten all day. I was hungry... 

"Hey, babe." Sam said, kissing my cheek. 

"Hey." I said softly, blushing. I got really shy around Sam now for some reason. I really hoped I wasn't acting as awkward as I thought I was. 

"Wanna go grab a bite to eat together? Just the two of us?" He asked. I nodded, staring at the ground, a small smile on my face. I felt a hand on my chin and Sam lifted my head slowly to look at him. 

"I love you..." I whispered. He looked really happy. 

"I love you, too." He said, kissing me passionately. I kissed back, feeling butterflies in my stomach. He flew me to the Avengers' restaurant. I was surprised. 

"This costs way too much, Sam! I can't let you treat me to this!" I cried. Sam laughed. 

"Oh, hush! I'm going to whether you like it or not. So let's eat!" He said, dragging me inside. I felt really scared. What if the Avengers were there? Would they notice me? Would Tony Stark notice me? Would they judge me for being with Sam? I hope not...

"Hello there, sirs! What would you like?" A waitress asked, obviously checking Sam out. I blushed out of embarrassment and a bit of jealousy. I have no idea why I was embarrassed though. That was weird. 

We ordered our food and Sam noticed the Avengers were sitting pretty close by. 

"Hey, Babe, look." He said, pointing to Tony Stark. Then I saw another one of my idols... Dr. Bruce Banner. I gasped loudly. 

"Oh my... Bruce Banner!" I said, freaking out. I am going to explode. I am just a time bomb. We got our food soon and I tried not to stare at Dr. Banner. I wanted to talk to him so badly but I couldn't. My body would not leave this chair. Besides, I was on a date with Sam. Dr. Banner wasn't important right now. Or at least I tried to think that. 

Sam and I were talking when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Tony stood next to me with Dr. Banner next to him. 

"Hey there, kid. What's your name?" He asked casually. I blushed and glanced at Sam, who gave a short nod.

"It's Peter... Peter Parker..." I said, trying to breathe.