Chapter 16 - Yet Another Conflict...

Sam and I were fighting yesterday and I ran out crying. I changed out of my costume and when I went out onto the streets, I was captured by the Goblin... Again... This is just great! Right now, I'm sitting in a cell, waiting for whatever he's going to do to me. 

"Welcome home, Peter." Goblin said, suddenly appearing in front of me. I yelped in surprise. 

"Why am I here? What do you want with me?" I yelled. 

"You're here as bait. You will be used however I please and the guards will do what they want with you. I want to bring S.H.I.E.L.D. to it's knees, and you are somehow the key to it all. You know something about them, and whatever it is, we're going to find out." The Goblin said, laughing like a maniac. 

All of a sudden, Doctor Octopus appeared. 

"So you're going to let me torture him, Norman?" He asked. Goblin gave a short nod. 

"Yes, do whatever you want." He said, walking away. 

"Wait, no! You can't do that!" I yelled. Goblin only laughed. 

"Oh, can't I?" Then he was gone. 

"Stay still, brat! This will only hurt a lot." Doctor Octopus said. I shook my head as he came closer and jumped out of the way every time one of his arms came close to grabbing me. He was very upset to say the least. 

"You can't hurt me if you can't touch me!" I was able to run past him and get out of my cell but one of his arms wrapped around my waist. "Stop it! Put me down!" I tried to pry him arm off of me. He brought me close to his face. 

"If you don't stop struggling, I will make sure you're not going to like what I'm going to do to you..." He hissed. "I didn't want to really hurt you that much before, but I'm starting to lose my patients." I swallowed hard and stopped moving. 

"Any chance you'll let me go and maybe be rewarded with freedom by S.H.I.E.L.D.? I asked, giving him a puppy face. 

"Not at all. Norman would have my head if I did. Plus, you're a child. What could you possibly do that will convince S.H.I.E.L.D. to let me free?" Doc Ock asked. I sighed. 

"A lot more than you think..." I said softly. He laughed. 

"You're adorable!" He said, petting my hair with one of his arms. Then he slammed me against the wall. Geez, bi polar much?

"Ow! What was that for?" I whined, as he threw me back into my cell.

"You're not supposed to leave here. Now, I'm going to be the one who is the most kind because you're a child. I can't promise the guards or Norman will do the same thing. Tell me what you know, and they may be easy on you." He was kind of convincing. 

"I really don't know anything except that they're interested in me for some reason. I'm not special in any way but they like to watch me I guess..." I said quietly. I shed a few tears, trying to be convincing.