Chapter 17 - Rescued Once More

I have been in this prison for a week. I am getting sick of all the beatings and the screaming. I was beginning to lose hope that my team will ever come for me. 

Suddenly, Doctor Octopus came in with the three guards who have been "taking care" of me. 

"Get up." Tall Guy hissed. I tried but fell to the ground and just closed my eyes. I wanted to sleep. There was too much pain. I screamed when Blue Eyes kicked me in the side, laughing. 

"We don't have time for this. I'll carry him, he's too weak to carry himself." Ock yelled. He gently picked me up with  two of his arms and carefully carried me to a new room. He then put me down and knocked out the three guards. I looked up at him, confused. "S.H.I.E.L.D. should be arriving for you any moment now... I won't be there but I sent them the coordinates."

"Why?" I croaked. Doctor Ocktopus looked emotionless when he replied. 

"You are a child. I may be a villain but even I have some morals. They would have killed you if I didn't do this now." He stroked my head with one of his arms. I smiled weakly at him, my vision starting to fade to black. He smiled a genuine smile back. I heard him leaving and some shouting. 

"Peter!" I heard a familiar voice but that was all I heard before I was out like a light. 

When I woke up again, I was in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s medbay. I looked around, seeing nobody there. I started to panic, noticing I was wearing nothing but boxers and sweatpants. Anyone could see the cuts and bruises that littered my body. I looked down at my chest and realized for the first time how terrible it actually was.

Most of my body was covered in bandages and burned like fire. I hated the feeling. I wished it would stop but I could barely move. All of a sudden, a hand on my shoulder startled me and I yelped, covering my face on instinct. 

"Peter..." I heard Sam's soft voice. I looked up to see Sam, who was crying, and I held his hand for the first time in a week.

"I'm so sorry, Sam..." I whispered. "If I hadn't started the fight, then this never would have happened." I started crying, too, squeezing his hand in mine. 

"No, Peter. Don't cry. I yelled at you. I should never have yelled at you. I made it worse." He whispered, stroking my hair. I melted at the touch of affection, causing Sam to smile a little. He continued to pet me and I nearly started purring. That would be weird... 

"When can I get out of here?" I asked, wincing when I tried to sit up. I couldn't even do that. Sam flinched when I tried to get up. 

"I don't know. Just stay down. Keep laying down and you'll be fine, okay?" Sam was acting like a mother would with her child. Calm and gentle. It was somewhat soothing, to be honest. 

"Okay." I said, softly. Sam smiled again. 

"That's a good boy. I love you, Peter." Sam said, patting my hand. He was afraid to hug me, was my assumption. I didn't know for sure but I would think that too, if I was him. It would probably hurt anyway.