Chapter 14 - Harmless Flirting

I had started the internship with Tony Stark and both him and Dr. Banner were asking me to be their PA's. I politely declined and they seemed disappointed. 

There was something strange going on though, because I noticed all the men of the Avengers seemed to take part in flirting at me every now and then. It happened more often and sometimes one of them would make suggestive movements as if they wanted to do something other than flirting. 

It confused me at first but I continuously brushed it off. It was the summer now and the Avengers still had no clue that I was Spider-Man. Nobody questioned me, either. I wasn't really nervous around them, as I had no reason to be, but I didn't understand why they would take any interest in me. 

I thought Sam was slightly insane for having eyes for me. I wasn't the most attractive guy in the world. I definitely wasn't always the kindest when I could have been. I didn't really understand why someone would make advances towards me. 

Sam treated me like a Prince and basically worshiped me while I worshiped him even more so. He made no protest to me going out of my way to please him. I did whatever he wanted and made sure I did it damn well.

One day, Tony came into the lab alone. It was just me and him, and I was somewhat uncomfortable. I told Sam about the flirting, because he deserved to know, and was livid. He wanted me to quit until he calmed down and told me that's what Stark did and he was the only one who might actually make a move. Even so, it wasn't very likely he would even think about doing that. 

I told him about Sam being my boyfriend on my first day, by accident. I was very excited since I was going to treat Sam for being so great. I wanted to tell everyone what I was doing and Tony was the only one there at the moment. The call had been awkward since Sam was to be surprised. 

Tony came in and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back before letting go and looking at the chemicals and starting to mix things together. Eventually, time had blurred together and it was almost time for me to go home. I had a date with Sam tonight and I couldn't be late. 

Tony grabbed me just as I was about to leave the lab. 

"Hey, kid... Peter... Where you going?" He asked, squeezing my shoulder. 

"I have a date with Sam tonight." I said softly, uncomfortable with the touch. Tony sighed and smiled.

"Of course you do..." He said. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "I was kinda hoping you would stay here instead?" I was shocked. 

"No, I can't. I'm not going to leave Sam hanging on like that." I said, a hint of anger crawling into my voice. I didn't mean to let my emotions make themselves known. Tony backed off, quickly, clearly able to sense the blood lust that was burning up my spine. 

"See you tomorrow, Peter..." He called and I waved my hand, not looking back as I left. I had to wonder... Was I giving him hope for something that could never be? Was it just 'harmless flirting' anymore? I would have to wait to see if it progresses. If someone makes a move you just tell them you're not interested. It's not that hard, honestly.