nine

Calum's POV

Walking out of school, I checked around for Luke because he seemed to disappear after I told him I'd get my stuff and meet him at his locker. Confusion flooded me as I saw him in a car and someone else get in. I couldn't make out the other person's face but I could make out the pain on Luke's face as he spotted me, who the hell was he with?

Whoever was driving then pulled out of the car park but Luke's eyes never left mine, he looked upset and scared. I immediately texted him asking who he was with, but I got no response. Feeling worried, I decided to go to Ashton's in the hope he might know what's going on; he was the closest with Luke after all.

I got to Ashton's about fifteen minutes after I left school and he looked at me confused when he saw it was me that was knocking, "What's up?" He asked.

"We need to talk about Luke." I said. 

His face fell and he said, "Sorry, I'm busy." He tried shutting the door on me but I stopped it with my foot and then pushed it open before making my way into the house.

"It's important." I urged but Ashton didn't seem to want to know.

"I don't care." He tried pushing me back outside.

"I think something is wrong." Ashton clearly saw my somewhat distressed face and then motioned for me to carry on, "I told him I'd meet him at his lockers so we could hang out after school but he wasn't there and then when I got outside, he was in the car with some guy and he looked really scared and I'm worried."

"He's probably just scared about you seeing him ditch you."

"Ashton, you and I both know that Luke isn't like that." I said, almost not believing that my friend was being so cold about this.

Shrugging, he said, "What I saw the other night states otherwise now if you don't mind, I have better things to do than discuss Luke." Hemoved to the door, signalling he wanted me to leave.

Frowning, I moved to stand in front of him, "Why are you being like this? I just want you to help me."

Ashton let out a deep sigh, "Look, I don't know who he is with, I can't help and frankly, I don't care." He somewhat snapped at me, I could feel myself getting frustrated with his attitude because no matter if they feel out, that didn't mean Ashton could go around acting like this. 

"You should care, he's one of your best friends and something is obviously very wrong here."

Ashton's expression hardered and I could tell there wasn't going to be any getting through to him today, "Why should I care when he pretending to like me and then fucked Ryan straight afterwards?" He looked me in the eye, as if daring me to answer. 

Shaking my head, I almost shouted at him, "You're just presuming that! You can't be mad at him for something you can't prove actually happened whereas Luke is obviously very upset!" Ashton made no move to react so I continued, "I went to him when you made him cry because you were being a dick and something other than you being a twat is affecting him, but he was too scared to tell me." I was getting quite angry at Ashton's lack of care for Luke; they'd been best friends for years, no matter what happens you're supposed to stick by each other.

"I saw Ryan on top of him, kissing his neck, I think that's proof enough." Ashton retorted, raising an eyebrow at me as if to try and continue challenging what he was saying to me.

"That's all you took from that? Not the fact that something could be very wrong with Luke?" Ashton didn't say anything, he just turned his gaze to the floor, a blank expression on his face. "Fine, you be like that, but if something is wrong Luke and you're not there for him then our friendship is over. I don't want to be friends with someone so heartless."

His head snapped up, "Heartless? Me? He's the one who screwed me over." Ashton spat out. 

The urge to hit him was growing stronger by the second, all he was doing was focusing on how he was feeling and not putting any thought into maybe trying to resolve the problem. "But Ashton, think about it, this is Luke we're talking about. Shy and awkward Luke, do you really think he'd be able to act as though he liked you and then have sex with someone else without something going on?" I argued, and he just looked at me, trying to come up with a response but drew nothing. "I'm going to go talk with Mikey about this, please in that time, come to your senses and do what's right. Don't shut Luke out." He made no further move to communicate with me as I left. I'll take that as a sign that he's thinking over what I just said.

I hoped anyway.

------------

It's short, I know, this originally had more than one POV in and I had to edit that out so subsequently the chapter is shorter. Apologies.

Thank you for getting me 30 votes on the last chapter, that's really amazing.

Anyway, thank you for reading and supporting this story, it means a lot. Seriously, I love you all xx

Goal: 30 – 35 votes and 15 – 20 comments? x