eleven

Calum's POV

"We need to do something about Luke." I said whilst I was sat at lunch with Ashton and Michael.

"Why?" Ashton asked, not looking up from his food.

Turning to glare at him slightly, I said, "Are you seriously asking me why? You can't deny that something is wrong." I snapped.

He just shrugged at me and I continued to glare at him even though he wasn't looking to see me. "What's gotten into you?" Michael asked Ashton and it was then that he looked up.

"He screwed me over, that's what's gotten into me."

This time it was Michael who glared at him, "Would you get over that? He was your friend before you kissed him, just suck it up and be there for him when he clearly needs you." He harshly spat at him, Ashton just shrugged before turning back to his lunch.

It was then that Luke came over and timidly said, "H-Hi, Cal."

I smiled up at him, "Hey, come sit down." I pushed Michael one seat over to let Luke sit down and when he did, Ashton looked up at him which made Luke look down.

"What are you doing here?" He directed his question to Luke.

"I-I thought-" Luke began but Ashton cut him off,

"When has thinking ever been a good idea for you Luke?"

Ouch.

Luke then looked back down at the table, looking as though he was ready to cry. "Ashton, stop being a dick." Michael said to Ashton and he just continued to stare at Luke,

"It's not my fault he can't handle the truth, or maybe he can't comprehend because he's so stupid."

"That's enough, Ashton." I glared at him once again but the damage was obviously already done because a tear fell from Luke's eye and he mumbled,

"I-I'll see y-you later guys. S-sorry for interrupting." Luke then got up from the chair and rushed out of the canteen.

"Way to go, dickhead. I hope you're pleased with yourself." I spat at Ashton but going to find Luke. Walking into the toilets was where I found Luke, he was eagerly drying his eyes with some toilet paper, "Come here." I urged, opening my arms for him and he quickly made his way into them before breaking down into sobs.

"I'm sorry Cal, I'm really sorry." He cried and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why are you sorry?" I was confused.

Luke sniffled and did his best to steady his voice, "Because I'm just causing you all to be mad at Ashton which is not what I wanted."

"That isn't your fault; it's his for being a complete twat to you." I explained to him and he nodded his head. "But Lu, you need to tell me what's wrong, please." I placed my hands on his shoulders and I tried getting his gaze to meet mine but he wouldn't.

"I-I can't."

"Why not? I'm really worried about you."

"I just can't." He said, clearly not wanting to let on to me what was happening with him.

"I won't let you leave these toilets until you tell me, at least something. "He shook his head and tried pushing past me but I didn't let him, "Luke, come on."

"He'll hurt me, I can't." Luke almost sobbed and my grip on him only tightened, 

"Woah, wait, who'll hurt you?" I questioned and Luke's eyes suddenly went wide and he started shaking his head.

Luke seemed to start working himself up, "I shouldn't have said that, he's going to hurt me, he's gonna know." I was worried he was going to have a panic attack in a minute.