➽ Track Thirteen (London's POV).

Track Thirteen (London’s POV): I can’t wait for the day I’d stop pretending that I’m really okay when I’m not.

(May 9th, 2008)

Conceited. Liar. Self-centred. Bastard. Jerk.

I could call Pete every name in the book. He deserved each one of them. I had this weird and illogical yet plausible theory that all of the insults known to mankind were probably inspired by him and his attitude. Well, it might not be inspired by him, but it was safe to say that every insult could vividly describe him.

“Stupid moron,” I mumbled to myself as I descended the flight of stairs from Patrick’s apartment. I was just so mad at my ex-boyfriend that was Pete Wentz. I mean, who wouldn’t get mad after being treated that way?! “Narcissistic asshole. Scumbag. Big-headed freak. The shittiest human being with the worst attitude that I’ve ever met—”

“Donnie?”

“Oh shit!” I cursed out loudly in surprise, gripping the railings of the staircase with both hands when I had nearly slipped from the step that I was standing on. My eyes were wide when I had recognized the familiar fellow brunette standing on the bottom of the staircase on the second floor. “Rachelle?” I gasped.

“It’s me,” she nodded, looking at me worriedly. “Are you okay? You don’t seem okay—”

“Oh my gosh, you scared me!” I exclaimed, running a hand over my hair to calm myself down.

“I’m sorry, Donnie,” Rachelle told me. “I didn’t mean to scare you. But anyway, are you okay?”

Laughing to hide my embarrassment as I continued descending the flight of steps to approach her (and, at the same time, as I slowly collected myself using the least possible way to make her feel more worried about me), I assured her, “Don’t worry about me! I’m really fine, thank you.”

She hesitated for a second. “But, I think I heard you murmuring something under your breath—”

“T-That was nothing!” I told her, smiling as I finally reached the bottom step. “I-I just noted to myself that, um, I should, uh, stop by the grocery store later before I get home.”

If Rachelle noticed my stuttering and was probably thinking that I was getting crazy already, she did a pretty good job in hiding it. I was grateful that she didn’t try to press on to know more details. And I was glad that she was kinda-sorta dating my best friend because a.) Rachelle was really pretty, very kind-hearted and was actually a very fun person to be with and b.) Rachelle was genuinely girlfriend-material, unlike the girlfriend of my ex-boyfriend who only knew how to use high-heeled shoes and nothing else.

Okay, that was kind of an over-reaction and could mess up with Alexis River’s reputation (something that I didn’t really care about), but I think my point was perfectly clear.

If I were to choose between the two girls regarding who Patrick Stump should date, I’d choose Rachelle Daniels in a heartbeat. Alexis was a bitch – the exact type of Patrick’s exes. I already told him that he deserved someone way better than those kinds of girls – he deserved the Rachelle-types.

“Are you really sure that you’re okay?” she asked me, looking even more concerned.

“Yes, Raych. Don’t worry too much about me,” I said.

We were silent for a few long seconds before the brunette decided to break the ice. “I don’t want to sound nosy or anything,” she began anxiously, biting her lower lip. “But were you from Patrick’s apartment?”