Acknowledgments.

Acknowledgments.

I still don’t understand how a simple fan-fiction story which was inspired after listening to a few songs during this one rather fortunate night got quite a lot of reads in the span of seven months of writing this. This is actually the first time ever that I had actually managed to finish writing a multi-chaptered story, and you, dear reader, were one of the many who had encouraged me to pursue in writing, even during that time when I didn’t feel like continuing this hobby/profession anymore. And because you have finally reached this part of the story already, I am eternally grateful that you had spent time just to read this.

First of all, I would like to thank Alyssa (who had made the book cover) and Alexis, my beloved sister-like croissants and fellow members of the Patrick Stump Defense Squad, who are always there for me through thick and thin even though we don’t see each other that much anymore because of college, for inspiring me to finish this fan-fiction (and my other stories, for that matter), for giving some of your precious time to read the story from the beginning until the end, and for pulling me to the ‘bandom’ to join you go head-over-heels for the rock quartet. I had purposely used your names in this story as a thank you for everything you have ever done to me.

Second, to my ex-boyfriend who I shall not name, thank you for being one of the reasons why I got hooked to the band that had inspired me to write this story, for letting me love a genre of music that I wasn’t my cup of tea before, and for letting me realize that I deserve better. You taught me how to be brave and act independently. You may not have been very interested when I first told you about my plans in starting my writing career when we were still together, but at least now I know that, sometimes, things won’t always work out even if I keep on trying to save it. Thanks for the memories… even though they weren’t so great.

Third, thank you so much to Allison (my co-fan girl and co-writer in another fan-fiction that we’re currently working on who had promised me to proof-read this story soon), Irish, Allana, James, and Rovie Jane—my fellow fans of the band who had completed our lives—for allowing me to use your names in this story. Thank you also to Kim Patrick and Merly for giving me positive reviews, to Mia for being awesome inside and out (and for buying popcorn when we watched “Big Hero 6” together), to Jhonna and Hannah for understanding my sudden fan-girling tendencies about bands and artists and books that I just couldn’t resist most of the time, and to the ladies: Mika, Breanne, Sheene and Katrina, for being my best friends since high school who knows me like the backs of their own hands. All of you are amazing, and I am so lucky to have you as friends. From the very bottom of my heart, I love you, awesome nerds.

Fourth, to the guy who induces butterflies to swarm in my stomach every time he would call me and we would always end up talking over the phone for hours, thank you for being there to make me smile and laugh, even if your jokes are quite lame and cheesy sometimes. Thank you also for reading a few chapters of this fan-fiction out loud with your ridiculous different voices, for sending “Gray” that had greatly helped me in writing Pete’s parts of the story, and for being my plus one. You know exactly who you are.

And lastly, to the four men forming this American punk rock band who had become my new heroes—Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz, Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley—thank you so much for not making mainstream music that I detest so much. Thank you so much to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift as well; whose beautiful songs just completed the soundtrack of my life. Thank you also for being my own personal therapists, for your music that keeps me going every day and for being there when I needed it, for the lyrics that articulates my every feeling, and for inspiring me in almost everything I do, especially for this story I had written.

In my own little way, this is my love letter back to you. Thank you.