Father's Day

Robin's POV
I smirked as I walked over to Jason. Portals had their perks, one being the ability to break and enter without the breaking. I grabbed the edge of his duvet covers and yanked them completely off him, releasing a frozen sea of air across his warm body. I laughed as he bolted upright as he groaned, clutching his head as the bright light pierced his eyes. "Wakey wakey Jaybird, we're planning something for Dad and it only works if we all help out," I explained loudly, my voice like a ringing alarm clock to him. He groaned again but for much longer. "Get someone else to do it,"Jason snapped. "But you were my buddy today," I faked sadness. "Fine, let me get changed, but you owe me a Wayne sized breakfast, pronto," Jason retorted, emphasising the Wayne sized bit.

Once Jason dragged himself out of his apartment, we headed to the local coffee shop to wake Jason up. "Okay so what's this plan?" Jason asked, more interested now he'd had some coffee. "So we're on present duty. Dick and Tim are covering any alerts that may come up and Damian is helping Alfred plan food," I told him. Jason groaned. "How did we get the hard job? What do you buy a multi billionaire for father's day anyway?" He retorted. My eyes twinkled as he said it, "we're going to buy him Batman merchandise," I giggled. Jason gave me a questioning look, "You plan on adding superman merch to that list too?" He asked mocking my plan. "May as well now you mention it. It's gonna be so funny," I replied, smiling.

Jason smiled, but not at my plan, but because his large breakfast arrived at our table. He had a full cooked breakfast, golden scrambled eggs, perfectly crispy hash browns, sausages, beans, toast and one of the largest strawberry milkshakes I've ever seen. Meanwhile I settled with coffee. To be more exact it was half a coffee as Jason had stolen some of it in order to revive himself for our conversation.

I watched as Jason sat quietly, scoffing his food. "More coffee?" A waitress asked. I nodded, "yes please," I replied. She poured another glass for myself, filling it with the caffinated liquid until it reached just before the top of the mug. She looked back up to me and quickly jolted, "I'm so sorry Miss Wayne are you okay?" She asked concerned. "I'm okay thank you," I calmly replied. I almost forgot I was technically a celebrity here. Out of my surprise, the waitress's strange actions were enough to pull Jason's face out of his feast of food. "What was that about?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "like I'd know." Jason looked around again, before attracting a different waitress's attention. "Can you turn the tv up please?" He asked. She nodded in response and turned the volume up.

"Breaking news! As of this morning billionaire Bruce Wayne was kidnapped from his office at Wayne Industries earlier this morning. There are no leads so far and police are investigating further. The motive behind the kidnapping is unclear, and while his wealth may be a real target, we question if his daughter's return is behind this."

I stared at the tv. Jason equally as shocked and confused as I am. My phone began to buzz and I picked it up immediately. It was Dick. "Dad's been kidnapped," I spoke first. "I know, you and Jason should get to the manor quick, I'll explain when you get here," he replied. "Okay, see you in five," I said, ending the call. I looked over at Jason with half a plate of food left. "Time to bail, say goodbye to the rest of your breakfast," I commented, leaving money on the table to cover our order. "I was enjoying that too," Jason grumbled following me out the door. "We need to go back to my safe house, let me grab my gear," Jason added. I nodded and we rushed back to retrieve his gear, using his safe house as cover for me to open a portal to the manor.

I portalled us straight to the Batcave and Tim was already frantically working away on the computer. Damian was angrily sparring with the training gears, smashing the robots instead of incapacitating them. Dick was there trying to hold it together as he figured his way around this one. "We're here!" I called out. Damian stopped beating his anger out training and came to greet me. "Hi Dami, you okay?" I asked. "I'm good thank you sister, I just can't believe we allowed Father to be taken," he replied. I hugged him lightly, "it'll be fine Dami, we'll find him," I spoke, smiling, hoping to reassure my younger brother.