Disney Movie Night

Robin's POV
So my family of superheroes has yet to discover the wonders that are Disney films. Yes I know, it's a must-see thing, but this is why I'm stepping in to educate them, with a little helping hand from Charlie along the way. We're gathered in the screening room and we won't leave until the weekend is up. It's time for a Disney marathon.

"As you see we've gathered here because you guys need to see Disney movies. Here are the choices. We have The Lion King, the first death we all saw as a kid, tears were shed and lessons like Hakuna Matata were learned, all in the circle of life in this film loosely based off of Shakespeare's work." I described quickly offering The Lion King. Damian was interested, well pretending to be. He'd definitely rather be elsewhere. I think he liked the idea of it including a villainous uncle. I was going to continue but Charlie interjected.

"Or you could watch one of my favorite princesses, Ariel the Little Mermaid under the sea?" She suggested. "I'm not really the princess type," Jason murmured. Dick smiled, of course, he liked the idea of princesses and knights in shining armor made of chivalry. "If you want to watch a princess I'd offer Mulan, Pocahontas or Merida, less rich and prim princess, more powerful and courageous princesses," I told them.

"Or there's Pirates of the Caribbean, Robin Hood, Marvel-" Charlie stopped momentarily before remembering that I had already told Dick and Jason about the other universe full of superheroes alike themselves. "Oh and Star Wars you can't forget that!" She finished. I nodded in approval of her other mentions as I surveyed the male faces in front of me. "So what will it be guys?"

The boys couldn't decide on a film and it was left to a randomizer. We put names into a hat and to avoid any bias we tracked down Alfred to choose for us. "Which one is it?" I asked, excited. "It says Hercules, Miss Robin." Charlie squealed, she liked that one and had totally forgotten about it. "Hercules it is then, Alfred, we may need some popcorn making, please can you put some in the microwave for me and I'll come in a minute to get it," I asked politely. He smiled, "don't worry Miss Robin, I'll bring it to you," he stated, offering his service. I hugged him in thanks. Time to get this show on.

Dick was already amused within the first few minutes and I could see Tim admiring his knowledge of Greek mythology by pointing out random facts about them whenever he was granted the chance. It had been a while since I saw this film last and when the muses appeared on screen I forgot how much I liked them. I tucked myself in beside Dick as we got into the film a bowl of popcorn for the two of us while the others had their own.
Jason and Charlie sat together and I could hear them quietly whispering as Jason asked Charlie questions about the movie. As far as I could tell, Jason was admiring Meg and Hades' and the sarcasm and sass that they both possessed. If I remember correctly that was also Charlie's favourite part of the film.

"Boring put something else on!" Damian grumbled. The older people in the room groaned at having to change the film so early, but Tim was in agreement and Jason seemed to be faking his displeasure with turning off Hercules. "How about Pirates of the Caribbean, there's a whole series of them," I suggested. "Sounds way better than this already," Damian commented. I shook my head at the pair of my younger siblings and switched the films over.

Immediately everyone was engrossed in the film, action, and pirates seemed to catch everyone's favour, even Damian and Tim were engrossed in it. Jason and Charlie have even stopped whispering comments to each other and had cozied themselves to watch. Finally glad that everyone was happy with the film choice I sat down beside Dick again into my previous position.

Charlie squeaked at the sight of Captain Jack Sparrow, not because of the character but because of Johnny Depp. I laughed knowing this was why, while Jason remained clueless, admiring the Captain's obscure moral code, most likely wishing he too could have been a pirate. I always enjoyed the films with the pirates in as the madness and action entailed humour and excitement. I had not once watched the films whilst feeling bored and was glad that my siblings seemed to find it as enjoyable as I did. I must admit I did admire the personality of the mischievous Captain, but Dick seemingly enjoyed his fashion sense much more.

"Maybe I should grow my hair and try dreadlocks?" He whispered to me. Not wanting to offend him, I politely told him that I was not going to stop him, but rather I did not think it would suit him as appropriately as they suited the pirate on the screen.
"You could try, but I can't guarantee it will look good. I think your hairstyle is cute anyway Dickiebird," I whispered back.
"So no to the dreadlocks?" He asked again.
"No to the dreadlocks, leave them to Jack Sparrow."
"Captain Jack Sparrow."
"Yes, Captain Jack Sparrow, that's what I meant. Let's enjoy the rest of the film shall we?"

Moments later Dick spoke up again. "How about the clothes, maybe I should try that style?"
"Dick, shh I'm watching the film," I quickly hushed him.
"But—"
"Yes okay so the clothes might work, but we can discuss this after the film."

We had got quite far into the film now, Jack and Elizabeth Swann had been stranded on the island and Jack had just woken up to find all the rum had gone in a bright blaze, courtesy of Elizabeth. I smirked as I knew one of my favourite lines was coming up, and Jason scoffed as Captain Sparrow desperately asked, "why is the rum gone?"
"If that isn't me then I don't know what is," he remarked quietly. Charlie elbowed him with a frown, "since when were you a high functioning alcoholic?"
"Alcoholic maybe not, but I can't deny that when there's no booze left the party is over."
Charlie shook her head at him, a small grin on her face. "Shut up Todd," Damian complained, waiting for the final scheme of the film.

Damian and Tim had sat silently this whole time, watching the film closely and Tim had quite obviously taken to the role of Will Turner, meanwhile, Damian was admiring the cunning of the characters and of course the battles and the death. If anyone could realistically cross blades with a pirate it was Damian. And hopefully, with training I could too, I did intend to put my swordsmanship to the test after Damian helped me master the katanas.

As the film burst into the fight between the cursed pirates and the British navy I got up to refill everyone's popcorn bowls. I wandered over to the kitchen with four empty bowls - Damian and Tim refused to share - and placed them in a line on the worktop. "Mind making me some?" My father asked, discarding his tie as he walked in the room. He stood in front of the coffee machine and waited for it to pour out some liquid energy for him. "Sure Dad, how come you're home so late? Who's on patrol tonight?" I asked. He yawned and frowned, "I thought that Dick and Damian were on patrol tonight?" He replied, ignoring my other question. "Well, they're not because we're having a movie marathon in the screening room." Dad didn't reply, he just left the room quickly and in the direction of my brothers. I waited for the popcorn and saved my Dad's coffee as the machine poured it out, nearly overfilling it.

As I was about to put another bag of microwave popcorn in, Alfred interrupted me and insisted he finish the rest. Even with my protesting, he turned me away and I took my dad's coffee with me.

I went back to the others and found Dad glaring at Dick and Damian, whilst Dick was explaining that Steph and Cass had taken over their shift for the night. "Dad if they've sorted it why don't you come sit with us? I've got your coffee, we're watching Pirates of the Caribbean. There's 4 more in the series," I suggested. He took the warm mug from me and sighed in exhaustion. "C'mon when do you ever get a break," I pleaded. He reluctantly gave in and sat on a chair beside me whilst Dick stayed on the other side. The film was nearing an end and so we paused the film to explain the story to our Dad, taking turns to explain it when one of our favourite parts came up. He smiled as we finished explaining and we started the film again to watch the finale.