|8|

For some odd reason, Penelope had finally given in. Diego had kept texting her letting her know how bored he was so she did what no one ever thought she would do, she invited him over.

It was a Monday afternoon and she didn't have any plans with anyone. She was nervous, so nervous and she didn't understand why. Taking the towel off her head and hanging it on the door hanger. She made her way downstairs to her kitchen. Spaghetti sounded amazing and she wondered if Diego would be hungry too.

Taking out everything she needed, which was whole wheat spaghetti, Alfredo sauce, chicken and some asparagus. She started boiling the spaghetti as the door bell to her house rang. Her nerves went up more than anything and she gave herself a few seconds.

This was going to happen.
She was going to hang out with him.
Totally sober.

Penelope took a deep breath and made her way over to the door, she stopped at the mirror that was in her hallway and looked at herself. Her black hair was still a bit wet and she was wearing a tank top and yoga pants, totally relaxed and make up free. Checking herself a bit, satisfied with what she saw. Penelope made her way to the front door and opened it.

There he stood , him and all his glory. Wearing a navy hoodie and a grey beanie, his skinny jeans had so many rips in them, he might as well have worn some shorts. He gave her a cheesy smile and Penelope couldn't help but smile back.

"Hey, my bad I'm a bit late, there was hella traffic." He said as he walked inside the house. He looked around and noticed how nice everything was, he could definitely see how well off Penelope and her family was.

"It's okay honestly, I was actually about to make something to eat. You hungry?" Penelope asked as she made her way back into her kitchen with Diego right behind her. Diego licked his lips as he watched her walk in front of him. Those tight yoga pants weren't helping him at all right now.

"Yeah ma, I am actually." He replied as he looked around the living room. It was cozy looking, a black L-shaped couch and a big tv were mostly the only things in the living room. A big brown coffee table in the middle with a vase of purple tulips in the middle made the whole room feel nice.

Diego watched as Penelope worked her way around her big kitchen, everything looked so modern and fancy. He was barely starting to get use to being in houses that looked like this. Pictures of Penelope and her friends were scattered around her house. A picture frame caught his attention. It was of Penelope and a guy, his arms were wrapped around her waist and he could tell that they loved each other. It was clear on her face and even his. Diego assumed that it was Jeff, her ex boyfriend that she had told him about the night of Brielle's party.

"That's Jeff and I." Penelope spoke up as she noticed Diego looking at a picture she had hung up. "It was maybe..a year ago." She continued. Nodding his head, he turned around and looked at her, she looked upset and he didn't know whether to ask what happened.

Clearing his throat, he thought why not. "Y'all look hella in love, what happened between y'all?" He asked and made his way closer to her. Penelope sniffed and rolled her eyes, "We fell out of love." She answered and went back to the kitchen. Both obviously forgetting that she had mentioned before that he had cheated on her multiple times.

Diego pulled a chair from the bar table and watched Penelope cut up some chicken. "So you live here by yourself?" He questioned and she nodded her head. "Yeah. My Father travels a lot, always at either one of his clubs." She answered as she went over to the stove and put the chicken in a pan.

"What about your Mom?" He was so curious about her and he knew he was being a bit annoying with all the questions but he just wanted to get to know her.

Penelope put a lid on the pan the chicken was in and looked up at Diego. "She left my Father when I was younger. They were both only 15 when they had me, barely any money. She left him to run off with a older man who apparently didn't like kids. So she decided to leave me behind." Diego took in what she said. He felt bad, no matter how much his family struggled. He was grateful for both his parents. He didn't know what he'd do if he didn't have his Mom. "I'm sorry." Is all Diego could say and Penelope quickly shook her head. "Don't apologize, I didn't need her anyway." Diego awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. He had no idea what the hell to say.

"Why do you call your Dad, 'father'?" Diego asked and made quotation marks. Penelope leaned on the countertop and shrugged her shoulders.

"That's what he is, my Father. He didn't.. raise me. It was the nanny's job or..when I was old enough, boarding school."

"Boarding school?" Diego repeated with so much confusion. He didn't think her Dad was..that loaded.

"Yep, graduated three years ago. Fuck, where's my manners, do you want anything to drink?" Penelope asked him as she made her way to the fridge. "I got juice, water, beer and ice tea." She added and Diego asked for a water.

Penelope handed him the water bottle and finished with the spaghetti. Adding everything together. "I always hated school, wasn't for me, dropped out freshman year." Diego said as he opened his bottle.

Penelope looked over at him and gave him a small smile. "Worked out for you though, look at you now." Diego smiled and nodded his head. "Wasn't the plan honestly. Just kind of..happened." He spoke truthfully.

"Things always happen for a reason. I'm sure either way you'd be here today. Doing your thing." Penelope said as she mixed around all the food. "Imma be honest ma, I normally don't do this shit." he confessed as he looked down at his hands. Penelope's eyebrows furrowed, confusion clear on her face.

"Normally don't do what?" Penelope leaned on the counter, they were face to face now. "Catch feelings like this, makes me feel like a lil bitch." Diego had no idea why it felt so easy talking to her.

Everyone knew Diego to be one that didn't talk about his feelings or anything along those line. He didn't do girlfriends and shit that normal people did when they felt a certain way about someone. Penelope crossed her arms and looked down at her floor. "We just met..we don't know each other, I'm not the type to just jump into something." Diego looked at Penelope and then looked away, rubbing his face and trying to think about what to say.

"You don't think I know that Lupe? I feel mad dumb for feeling this way about you when we just met." He said a little loud that Penelope's eyes widen a bit. It had been so long since someone called her Lupe, a nickname her Dad use to call her when he had time for her.

"At first I wanted nothing to do with you.." Diego frowned and waited for her to continue "But..you're right, I did feel something the other night but I'm not like the girls you normally fuck with Diego. One fuck up and I leave." Penelope saw all the post about how he was a cheater and basically just a straight up player. She wasn't for it, she also wasn't going to put up him with his shit. No matter how much she liked him.

"So we just talking then?" He asked with a small smile on his face. He was kind of hoping she'd say yeah. He wasn't about to let someone as good as her slip through his fingers.

"Yeah, for now." Penelope said with a smile on her face.

___________________