Real World Part 2-Rainy Reality

Author-chan stood and looked out her window as it rained, a dog or two laying at her feet. While watching the rain drops gently splat against the glass, she thought of what to do next. She hasn't updated her 'x reader' story in quite a while and she was sure her readers were growing impatient. Even if they weren't, she had ideas she wanted to get typed out.

Although, there was a problem. She wasn't sure how to start off the next chapter. She knew what she wanted to happen, but was afraid she would rush it from being overly excited about the idea. Not only this, but she was having trouble getting motivated and the thought of the school work she should be currently doing and wasn't doing was not helping.

She had finally decided on making another chapter to her side story to try and help motivate her, when something caught her eye. Over to the side of the window, near the carport, was some movement. It couldn't have been her dad, he had just driven off to pick up her older sister from work. Wasn't her mum or little sister, her mum was at work and her little sister had gone with her dad.

She headed into the kitchen and put on her shoes, grabbing the umbrella from off the floor where her little sister must've left it. She then headed out the back door and was now standing on the ramp that lead down from said door. She stood under the carport and looked around from there. When she saw no one, she opened the umbrella, stepped off the ramp to the side, and stood in the pouring rain.

She began walking towards the back of the house when she still didn't see anybody. When she got to the back, she saw that the shed door was shut. Previously, the top part of the door was open for it could never stay shut like the bottom half could. After a hesitant pause and much debating, she approached the shed. She lived in a rather small town, what's the worst she could find?

Author-chan, being the paranoid type, still approached the shed cautiously despite convincing herself that it must've been the wind. When she finally reached it, she opened the door and braced herself for the worst. What she found instead was an extremely confused person. They looked at Author-chan with (E/C) eyes. They had (H/L), (H/C) hair and was wearing a rather muddy outfit.

For a while, Author-chan and the person just stared at each other, both were obviously confused. Author-chan looked around, breaking their eye contact, then asked who the person was. The person quickly took in Author-chan's own appearance, Author-chan having brownish, messy hair, and blue eyes that screamed "I don't get enough sleep, kill me", before replying with (Y/N).  Author-chan nodded and then told them their own name.

"So," Author-chan says after more awkward silence, "What are you doing here?" Author-chan was confused and needed answers. After asking this, (Y/N) sighed and shook their head before looking back up at Author-chan.

"Real question is," (Y/N) says in response, "how did I get here?" Author-chan looked at (Y/N), perplexed. How did they not know how they got here? Did someone nab them then dump them here? Author-chan looked around for muddy footprints leading from the shed but found none. There weren't even footprints leading TO the shed.

Author-chan sighed then invited (Y/N) into her home. (Y/N) hesitated slightly but then accepted, not wanting to stay in the shed. They both headed inside, Author-chan apologizing for the mess, and sat on the couches in the living room. Author-chan offers (Y/N) a towel in which she gladly accepts, this time without hesitation.

"Where am I?" asks (Y/N).  Author-chan replies with, "Missouri, USA." After replying, Author-chan watches (Y/N), waiting for their reaction. They only nod, seemingly lost in thought. Or they were shocked, Author-chan couldn't really tell.

"Do you have any memory of how you got here?" Asks Author-chan. (Y/N) tells Author-chan that they do but it's a little insane. Author-chan encourages them to continue, curiosity fueling their want to know. After a bit of pursuading, (Y/N) finally agreed to tell.

"Well," they began, "I was sitting in my room when..."