Chapter Eighteen

Styles Pov. 

I had no idea how long I have been here, time went by fast. You would think five minutes went by but really a hour had gone by. I have been thinking that maybe I have been here a few days in real time but it really feels like a week. I had to slowly follow the two everywhere. Jacob left her here and there to come talk to me but I didn't pay any attention to him. She was getting worse, even I was getting worse. I was just getting dizzy but stuff could happen within a second and I could lose myself. I was walking behind them when Natalie fell. 

I froze where I was, Jacob tried to help her up but she pushed him off. 

"I can't get up! Leave me alone!" She yelled at Jacob.

"What do you want?" He asked, acting like she didn't just yell at him. 

"I want Styles." Hearing her say my name increased my heartbeat. 

Jacob just nodded and whispered something to her and left her there. He walked towards me, I kept my eyes on her but she turned away from us. I would think she didn't see me or she would have said something.  

"Did you hear her?" I nodded. He looked back at her and then back at me. 

"You gotta go talk to her, I told her that I loved her. I'm going, I know it's time." He turned away but I grabbed him. 

I looked into his eyes. "Don't you dare leave just yet." 

"Listen, I know its my time. Her saying she wanted you, made me think that its about time I moved on. Just promise me you'll protect her, do whatever it takes." 

"I've never been really good with promises." I stated. 

He grabbed both of my shoulders. "I don't fucking care, promise me you will do whatever it means to protect her." 

"Well I did kinda already die for her, so yes I promise."

He kinda did a half smile. He looked back at Natalie, her back still turned to us. Then he looked at me. 

"I believe that you would do that no matter what anyways." 

He then walked behind me, I turned to watch him go. The same opening that happened with my mom opened for him. Before he walked into he, he turned back around and waved. I did a small wave back. He then turned around and walked into the opening. Not even two seconds later it was closed. I turned back around and Natalie still hasn't moved. Well here goes nothing. 

I walked towards her, right when I was behind her I sat down next to her. She turned her head and saw me. She didn't do anything first, but then she started shaking her head. 

"No no no no, you can't be dead either." Tears falling from her face she collapsed into my chest. 

"No no, I am not dead." I told her, running my fingers in her hair. 

She lift her head, "What do you mean your not dead, I mean you're here with me."

A laugh slipped past my lips. "Well you know, your not dead either." 

She sat up and looked down. "I know." She whispered. 

We sat there in silence. Her tears quickly cleared up. I laid down as my head started to hurt, she ended up laying down next to me. I closed my eyes and I felt myself slipping into sleep when her words woke me up.

"Where's Jacob?" She asked. 

I took a deep breath and sat up. She followed my action. "He's gone." I flat out told her. 

"I know, but he should be back by now." 

"I really hate to say this, but he moved on from this world. He is going to be reborn." I held my breath waiting to see what she would do.