Day 4

*Snoring* Maria was asleep on my lap. We were in a carriage travelling to the next town. We had been walking along a road when a farmer stopped and asked us if we needed a lift, so we accepted. We had been traveling for around 2 and a half hours and were almost there. The guy seemed really nice and trust worthy but as I new all to well, never trust anyone by how they seem. So I didn't make conversation and I was trying to concentrate. I was reading about tracing spells and danger detection spells in the book I had summoned Shinomia from. I was trying to find one to put on Maria. Ever since she ran out on the road I had been thinking about casting one but now that she is staying with us I decided it would be the best thing to do. I was doing it now because I knew she would never let me if she were awake. I flipped the page and saw one that would be perfect. It said that this spell would let me know where she was at all times and if she was in danger I would know right away.

"This should be perfect" I said under my breathe. I Quickly glanced over the page until I found the Japanese chant.

"Yami, jaaku yoi, soshite hikari no chikara, watashi ga kanojo o mamoru no o tasuke, watashi ga tatakau no o tasukeru kamo, shirenai!!!"

A small, pink light appeared above Marias head. It just hovered for a second before splitting into 2. Then Both lights stopped glowing and a neckless and a ring fell into my hands. I read over the page because I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen. It was. Apparently the gems in each peace of jewellery were connected some how. So I put on the ring and put the neckless in my pocket. When we arrived at the town I gave Maria her neckless and she was over the moon, she loved it. we were all very hungry so I asked the man that gave us a lift to keep an eye on Maria while I went to get us all food. As for Shinomia, I had no idea where he was but I could sense that he wasn't far. So I walked down the street and around the corner to find a café to get the food from. Everything was fine until the feeling of pure dread came across my body. It was like a had seen a ghost. I dropped the food I was holding and stumbled into an empty table.

"what is this" I said to myself.

Then all of a sudden I was imagining myself rushing through the streets of this town and then stopping at a dark ally way. I then woke up still leaning on a table in the café. I then got up and sprinted out of the store and back round the corner. I looked up at the top of the street where I had left Maria and the farmer but they were gone. I knew then and there that this feeling was the gems in action. I then saw the vision of myself rushing through streets and then stop at the ally. I woke up and followed the path I had saw in my vision. I rushed to the ally way and stopped. It was dark and I couldn't hear anything but I walked into the darkness anyway. I didn't get far before being horrified at what I saw before me. The farmer was holding Maria up against the wall and had one of his hands over her mouth. She was half naked and crying and he was laughing in an evil way while drooling. He had his Belt unbuckled and had a massive boner.

"Don't worry, i'll be gental" he was saying "stop struggling sweet heart"

He started reaching for her chest but before he could touch her I Sliced his hand off with my Katana.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" I said

I then picked him up and through him against the wall opiset Maria. I then Used a spell that I had read about in the book earlier.

"Aishushado" I yelled

Then all of a sudden hundreds of sharp ice shards flew from my hands and peired through the farmers skin, ripping him apart and ultimately killing him. Maria had fainted from not being able to breath and from fear. I walked over and picked her up. I took my jacket and spread it over her because the guy had ripped up her clothes. I walked over to the guys carriage and Through a fire ball at it. I didn't want anything that this guy had touched near Maria. I walked around the town until I found a hotel that we could stay in. I paid for a room and the receptionist handed me a key. I found the room and opened the door. I put a shirt from my bag on Maria and put her in the bed. I then used a phone that Shinomia gave me to call him.

"where are you" I asked

"I'm checking on Yui" he said

"when will you be back" I asked

"Now, if you need me" he said

"now's great" I said

The floor started shaking and a bright light appeared on the floor in the centre of the room. Then Shinomia slowly roes from the floor.

"How Is she" I asked

"she's fine" he said "anyway, why did you need me?"

"Maria needs some new clothes" I said

" why? what happened to the stuff I made her" he asked

"i'll explain later" I said

"ok" said Shino

I then climbed into bed beside Maria as I only paid for a one bed room. And I didn't want to leave her side. I felt like if I did, she would get hurt again. I was terrified. I lay awake all night, I did try to sleep but any time I closed my eyes all I could see was that guy on top of Maria. It made me so angry. If I hadn't of put that spell on Maria who knows what he would have done. It was morning now. I sat up and I was going to wake Maria but then I decided that she probably needed her rest. I checked her pulse just incase but it seemed like she was fine. I got up and took a shower while Shinomia kept an eye on Maria. When I got out and Maria was still asleep I decided to wake her up. Although she may have needed rest, she also needed to shower, eat and drink.

"Maria" I said softly as a gently poked her cheek. "Maria" I said a little louder still poking her cheek.

Her eyes opened slowly. I looked down and smiled as she stared up at me. Then all of a sudden she jumped up and wrapped her arms round me and burst into tears.

"Daddy" she kept saying through her tears "the bad man, he tried to"

In that moment I realised how traumatic of and experience it must have been for her. I wrapped my arms around her and tried to calm her down.

"I know, but its ok, the bad mans gone now" I said

"promise?" she said

"promise" I said back

I gently pulled her off of me and said

"Shinomia made you some new clothes" as I wiped her tears.

I pointed at a chair on the other side of the room and laying over it was a blue jumper dress, black tites, black boots and a blue ribbon like her old one.

"why don't you go and wash up while me and Shino talk" I said.

"*sniff* ok" she said

Maria walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

"What happened yesterday" Shinomia asked.

"you know that man that offered us a lift?" I asked

"yeah, what about him" he asked

"well, when we arrived here I went to buy us all food but then the protection spell I cast on Maria took effect. When I found Maria the guy was trying to... do stuff to her" I said

"no" he said

I just nodded my head.

"is he still out there?" he asked

"don't worry, I took care of him" I said

"that's music to my ears" said Shino "I'm glad she's ok"

"that's not all though" I said

"huh?" he said

"I recognized the man" I said

"you did, who is he?" he asked

"My father" I said