Uki's birthday

*Yui speaking*

The next morning, I woke up early. I wanted to make Uki a special breakfast, because it was his 18th birthday. I spent the whole morning cooking. When I was finished, I lay all the food out on the table. I then quietly snuck past our room to Maria's. I walked in and woke her up. She sat up and yawned while rubbing her eyes.

"good morning, Mummy" she said through her yawn.

"good morning" I whispered

"What time I-" she said before I cut her off.

"shhh, don't wake up Daddy" I whispered

She looked confused. I put my hand out for her to take "come on" I said

She took my hand and smiled. She climbed out of her bed and I lead her towards her wardrobe. I reached in and pulled out a Blue dress. It had a dark blue top, a white ribbon tied round it, sort sleeves and a light blue skirt. I then grabbed a white cardigan and hung it over my arm. I turned to look at Maria and said.

"its Daddy's birthday today" I said

"it is?" she asked

"yeah" I said "so I have made him a special breakfast"

"He will love that" she said

I smiled. Then I helped Maria put on her dress. I was already wearing mine. I had hid it in the downstairs bathroom the night before. It was also blue, but it had long sleeves, a shorter skirt, a white flower sowed onto the side of the chest, a collar and it was a button up. With it I wore a white ribbon in my hair, a silver ring and neckless, White heals, and I painted my nails white.

"blue is definitely your colour" I said

"its yours too, mummy" she said

We walked over and looked in the mirror.

"we really do look alike" I said

"like you are my real mother" she said

Her saying that hit me like a brick. I knew she meant biological mother, but it still hurt.

"mummy?" she said

I broke out my trance and looked down at her. She must have looked at my upset face and got confused.

"I'm fine" I said "should we go and wake up Daddy?"

"yeah" she said

So we walked into Uki and I's room. Maria let go of my hand and ran over to the bed. Maria is a short girl so I walked over and lifted her up onto the bed. She crawled over to Uki and shook him. He opened his eyes and groaned. He rolled over and looked at Maria.

"Happy birthday, daddy" she said

I walked out the room and down the stairs. I thought I would let them have a father, daughter moment. Around 5 minutes later Maria slowly walked down the stairs. Her legs still hurt from the bullies, but luckily it only seemed to be stairs she struggled with. She reached the bottom and ran into the living room. She sat down on the couch and started kicking her legs and humming with a smile on her face. I smiled as I watched her from the kitchen. Then Uki walked down the stairs. I turned to look at him and saw his shocked face. He was almost drooling.

"what?" I asked

He didn't reply. Then I remembered what I was wearing and blushed.

"I... uh... made you... em... breakfast" I stuttered

He blinked a few times before looking at the food.

"thanks" he said

He walked over and sat down at the table.