The Sinsinati's {37}

I was shocked, yet filled with joy. If these are real memories, it means that Maria is actually our biological daughter. I was going to tell her, but stopped myself before I could. What if this was just my imagination? What if I was making this up? What if its not real? I couldnt get her hopes up like that. If we found out that it was somehow not true, it would crush her. It would crush Uki and I as well. I decided against it.

I Pulled her off of me and sat her down on the couch. I sat down on the coffee table in front of her. Even though the feeling and memories were important, there was still another issue. Marias wings. So, I pushed all of that out of the way and started asking Maria more about her wings.

"So, can you fly?" I asked Maria

"No" She said "they are more of a symbol than wings for actually flying"

"A symbol of what" asked Uki.

Maria and I jumped and turned round to look at him. He was standing in the living room door way, looking at the floor with his arms crossed.

"Uki, how much of that did you hear?" I asked. hoping that the answer was nothing.

"enough" he said, looking angry.

"Uki?" I asked, slightly scared.

"Why didn't you tell us?" he asked

"I... uh... I " Maria Stuttered

"Why?!?!" he yelled

Maria squealed.

"Uki!" I snapped

I turned to Maria.

"Go wait for me in your room, okay?" I said

She then nodded and went to her room. I smiled at her until she was out of site.

"Uki!" I yelled "What was that?!?!"

"she has been lying to us this whole time!" he yelled back

"no she hasn't!" I argued "She never said that she didn't have wings"

"Yeah, but she still didn't tell us" He said

"Uki, she is allowed to have secrets" I said "and what's so bad about it?"

"we are her parents" he said "We need to know these kind of things. I mean, imagine if someone saw her. They would take pictures, maybe even kidnap her"

"Uki, she has been so careful about hiding it, and it only happens when she sings" I said.

"Careful? Yui, she is 7 years old. She could get careless!" he yelled

"Well, she hid it from us for over a year, and we live with her!" I yelled "look, I get why your angry, okay? But you didn't have to be so harsh. She explained the whole thing to me, because I wasn't angry"

"but-" I cut him off

"No 'buts'. Look around you. You terrified her. She didn't deserve that" I said.

He sighed, realising I was right.

"I will go and apologise" he said

I smiled at him, indicating that it was a good idea. He then walked away and up the stairs. I took in a deep breathe and then heard one of the babies crying. I walked into the room and found Keirai, balling her eyes out. I lifted her up and cradled her.

"Anata wa watashi no nikko, watashi no yuiitsu no hizashi, sukai no haiiro-" I sang softly before stopping mid song to the sound of glass shattering upstairs. I placed Keirai back in her crib and ran up the stairs. I ran into Maria's room and found Uki leaning out the window, franticly looking back and forth across the ground. I then looked at the floor and saw the broken vase with flowers and a puddle surrounding it. I then looked at Uki's hand and saw a crumpled piece of paper sticking out of his clenched fist.