Chapter seven

"Good lord. How late does Sara normally stay out?" I said.

"It's only one. It's only been like 45 minutes since she's left. I'm staying up until she gets home to make sure she's safe," Tyler said as his gaze met mine.

I nodded.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked as he picked up the tv remote.

"I don't care," I said.

I don't watch tv besides what's on Netflix. But right now we're watching cable and surfing the channels.

"The Vampire Diaries Okay?" He said as he opened the DVR.

"Woah, you watch The Vampire Diaries?" I said and giggled.

"Yes," He schuckled. "Is it fine?"

"Yes," I smiled.

We both sat on the couch, about a foot between us.

"You and Sara became friends quickly," Tyler said.

"Yeah I guess. She's really nice and I was kinda in need of a friend."

"Hey I'm sorry about Ace. And that I just stood there that night Ryan was supposed take you out," he apologized.

"It's fine. You did something tonight," I shrugged.

"I punched him. That's going to cost me."

"I think you could take him. Did you see him struggle to fight back?" I laughed at the fact that Ace was struggling.

"That's only because I took him by surprise. He shouldn't have hit you, Anna."

I shrugged. "I'm used to it."

I meant I'm used to being abused by Coralie. Not by Ace because Ace has never slapped me. Yes, he has pinned me and pushed me, but he's never slapped or punched me. It makes me cringe to say this, but he knows better.

"Something tells me you're not talking about Ace," Tyler said as if he was ready my thoughts.

"I am," I lied.

"Okay. I won't pressure it," He inches closer. "But I'll get the truth out of you some day," he whispered softly in a tone that was so far from threatening. It sent chills down my back.

"Why do you think I'm lying?" I said.

"I've seen everything Ace has done to you. He's not the one that puts those bruises on you," he replied, still calm

"I'm clumsy," I stated, trying to get him to drop it.

"No you're not," he said.

"Please," I breathed. I was desperate for this conversation to end.

"I'm sorry. I said I wouldn't pressure it and I am. I'll stop now."

"Thank you," I said and looked away as tears pricked the back of my eyes. I blinked them back.

"Your eyes are glassy," he said.

"I yawned?" I said in more of a questioning tone, trying to convince him to drop it.

He grabbed my chin lightly and forced me to look at him.

"Don't cry," he whispered.

"Don't tell me not to cry because that'll cause me to cry," I said as the tears came back.

"I'm hoooommmeee!" Sara slurred as she walked into the house.

I couldn't thank her enough for showing up right now.