Chapter 4: Meeting the Neighbors

"Baby, get up and get dressed. You have a busy day a head of you." My mom says, shaking me awake.

I quickly pull myself out of bed and put on my torn black skinny jeans. I pair it with my new Alice in Wonderland shirt. I curl my hair and put in a Alice inspired bow and then I put on my Alice in Wonderland charm braclet. I put on some Alice inspired makeup. I picked this outfit because I love Alice in Wonderland. I even painted my nails to match it. I just wanted my outfit to be perfect for today. I mean it is my first day in England. ( polyvore.com/alice/set?id=124391309 )

After I examine my outfit one last time, I run downstairs to the living room to see my mom smiling at my outfit.

"That outfit looks good with that amazing ginger hair." My mom says smiling at me. I adjust my big nerd glasses and smile.

"Thank you." I say, bashfully.

"Get a cereal bar and eat it on the go. I want to you to meet the neighbors. You need to know them incase of emergency." My moms informs.

"Ugh, fine." I tease her, and quickly grab a breakfast bar, give my mom kiss , and walk out of the door. I walk to the house to the right of mine first. I slowly walk up to the door and ring the doorbell. A nice looking old woman answers and smiles at me.

"Hi, I'm Aquamarine Tatum. My mom and I moved next door to you and she wanted me to come and meet you. " I say, smiling back at her.

"Oh, hi dear. It's nice to meet you. Please, come in. I would love to talk to you for a while." She says smiling, opening the door for me. I smile at her and walk into the house. She leads me for the kitchen.

"I'm Maybelle. Please sit down, dear. I'll make you some tea." She says smiling. "Walter, we have a guest. Come and meet her. She's a beauty." Maybelle yells, in the direction of a hallway. A old man walks in and smiles at me, then kisses Maybelle on the lips. It was so sweet.

"Hi, I'm Walter. I'm this beauty's husband." He smiles and shakes my hand. I'm quickly flash him a smile at him.

" Hi, It's nice to meet you. I'm Aquamarine. I'm your new neighbor."

"Is that an American accent I sense? Which state are you from?" Water asks, curious.

" Yes it is. I'm from Georgia." I reply.

"Oh, so your a southern belle, are you?" Maybelle says, her accent sounding funny when she said southern.

" I guess. "

Maybelle and Walter persumed to carry on a conversation with me. They told me how they had met in high school. Apparently, Walter was a bad boy and Maybelle was your average good girl. They were total opposites. Maybelle didn't like him at first, but eventually fell for his amazing good looks and charming personality. Maybelle said he may have looked intimidating, but he was a softis deep down in his heart and it only showed when he was around her. Apparently, they got married right after highschool and had five children- 3 boys and 2 girls. They are all married and living happy lives. Maybelle and Walter have been married for 62 years and are both 80. They are in great condition and expect to live for many more years.