Chapter One

I still can't wrap my head around this. None of this makes a lick of sense! Gabe sighed inwardly, placing his hand on the mirror and lowering his head.

Of all people. Why couldn't I have been brought back As Lucas or maybe Palmer, or an Elite Four or hell... Cynthia! I mean, I never thought about being a woman, but Cynthia's the G.O.A.T! So why...why am I Barry!? He moaned inwardly.

Gabe looked back at his reflection in the mirror and began to tear up. Gone were his green eyes and short black hair. Now he had blond locks and copper colored eyes. While his change in appearance was stressful enough, the fact that he was technically dead was even more depressing.

He would never see his family again or his friends. And Jamie. Poor Jamie was probably drowning in a puddle of tears. She was always a sensitive soul, just like his mom. And just that day he had planned on asking Jamie out, finally.

Why!? Gabe lamented mentally. Of all the days to die, why did it have to be THAT day!? I mean... I never even got to... tell Jamie how I felt.

Gabe clenched his fists and lowered them to his side.

I never even got to say goodbye...

A flood of emotions washed over him as he began to come to grips with his new reality. That reality being a world he wasn't born into, with a mother who was never even named, in the game or anime, and friends he didn't even know. In essence, he felt alone.

So this is it huh? I might as well not even exist! I'm fictional now. FICTIONAL! He mentally screamed, bamging the sink with his fist.

"Barry, you've been in there a really long time. Are you okay sweetheart?" Came the voice again, causing him to pause and look towards the door.

This is just too much. I'm not even ME anymore. I-

"Barry, please answer, I'm worried," she pleaded.

"I'll be right out!" He called out, trying to sound calm so as not to cause her to panic.

"Please come down when you are done. I made your favorite breakfast. Nanab Berry pancakes!" She told him, awaiting a response.

Nanab Berry pancakes? Wait... Nanab Berries are derived from Bananas! Banana pancakes were... are my favorite! Gabe thought, blinking back tears.

Maybe death isn't so cruel after all, He mused, wiping his tears and running the sink water to clean his face off.

Whatever happened, I can't afford to cry over it. Come on Gabe, think... there have to be some pros to this situation, he contemplated.

Glancing at himself, he took a deep breath and let out a long sigh.

Okay. So I'm Barry now. Not the greatest person to be, but definitely not the worst. I could have come back as a Galactic Grunt. Talk about a downgrade, Gabe laughed.

Let's see, oh! I get to have a Pokémon! That means I might actually get a shot at having a Shinx! Gabe thought as he turned off the sink.

Who knows, maybe I can put together my dream team! Oh man this might not be so bad after all. I mean...it will take some getting used to and all. Barry wasn't exactly remembered as the greatest trainer ever. His dad on the other hand... different story.

Gabe scratched the back of his head as he thought about his predicament. Memories of playing the fourth generation games came flooding back to him. He remembered that Barry had a lot of pitfalls, including a devastating loss to Jupiter from Team Galactic. Now that he thought of it, how did Barry lose to her?