Chapter Sixteen

The morning after the incident, investigators were brought to the scene, along with Looker of the International Police. While investigators questioned security, Looker inspected the scene of the crime. He observed that no fingerprints were left on the glass case and that it hadn't been moved in any way shape or form. Glancing up from his work, he spotted the rookie who made a statement that he had been accosted from behind and put into a sleeper hold.

This kind of work is far too elaborate to be the work of some common thief. Judging by the footage, there were several points where the camera seemed to glitch for a few seconds, Looker thought, frowning as he examined the glass casing.

My first thought was that the system had been compromised, but when looking into it, there were no signs of the cameras being tampered with. How vexing!

Looker sighed and shook his head as he continued his investigation.

Getting to the bottom of this won't be easy. I'm going to need to enlist some help if I am to find the thieves who seem to keep slipping through my grasp. The only question is... where do I even start?

 where do I even start?

Gardenia...

Gabe lounged in the lobby of the Eterna City Pokémon Center, lost in thought.

Her team is going to be extremely troublesome. I have to plan how I'm going to go about this more delicately than usual...

Gabe sighed and looked up at the ceiling while chewing on the toothpick he'd been using after his meal. Strategizing was proving to be more difficult after what he had just witnessed in Floaroma Town. And then there was Jupiter...

How on earth did I not see it sooner? She was right in front of me and I...

Gabe shook his head vigorously and sighed.

Get a grip Gabe, now is not the time to be thinking about that!

Gabe took a deep breath and looked down at the time. He had planned to head over to the gym an hour prior, however, there was a pressing matter that Gardenia needed to attend. As Gabe mulled over strategy in his mind, the T.V. switched to a breaking news update.

"This just in! Eterna City's museum was robbed last night at around ten o'clock PM. Authorities are still working with investigators to figure out who was behind the robbery. According to the security guards that were stationed inside the museum, no alarms were triggered and surveillance video captured nothing, save for this bizarre scene where a strange haze surrounded one of the exhibits..."

Gabe sat up and paid close attention to the report as the reporter went on to explain more about what occurred, including the name of what had been taken.

They took the Adamant Orb huh? Okay, now I'm even more confused. First they have Mega Evolution... now this? Do they have the same goal or not?