Chapter Fifteen

Jupiter stood atop the museum looking down through the glass roof as the top floor guards stood up to head to the stairs to make the switch for the night. A smile played at her lips as she slid on her headgear and flipped down the vizor of the helm.

She wore a skintight, black suit that embraced her like a lover. In the center of the chest was the Team Galactic insignia. Around her waist, was an unassuming, but multifunctional utility belt which held her teammates for the mission.

Looks like the guards are switching right on schedule, she thought, reaching down to her belt to snap off Sableye's ball before releasing her.

The Darkness Pokémon burst forth and crouched down with her trainer, fully aware of the mission that was taking place. Jupiter had briefed her on it days prior.

According to Saturn, I have a five minute window of time to get in and get out. That doesn't leave me very much to work with so I'll need to work fast, Jupiter thought to herself as she looked down at her companion.

I just hope this suit is all that Charon hyped it up to be. Then again, he did introduce us to Mega Evolution so... here goes...

Remembering what she was to do, Sableye extended the reach of her shadow, and sank inside as the darkness reached Jupiter's feet. With a single yank, Jupiter was pulled through the shadows and was now inside the museum, her feet sticking to the roof as per the suit's function.

Huh... it actually worked. I guess Charon wasn't just blowing smoke after all. I hate to admit it, but he did a good job here...

Jupiter looked down from her upside down position on the ceiling and scanned the perimeter. So far the other guards had not shown, which was good. Deactivation the boots she wore, she let herself fall, and twisted in the air before landing with surprising silence. The boots were incredibly quiet. Wasting no time, she scampered to the nearest blind spot was so no cameras would notice her.

Sableye sunk into the shadows and slithered along the ground until he was near his trainer. Jupiter looked up to spot a security camera pointing to her location, though from where she stood, it could not see her directly. Jupiter nodded to it and Sableye used Shadow Sneak to get up the wall and envelop the camera in darkness, just long enough for her to make it to the to the stairs on the side opposite the stairs the security guards took. Sableye followed swiftly behind.

Two more floors. Security is going to be tighter around the orb. I might have to get my hands dirty...

Reaching the second floor, she swung herself over the side of the railing and slid under the stairs as soon as she heard footsteps down the hall.

"Alright new guy, here's the deal," said one of the guards to a new employee. "This is a fairly laid back position, considering we haven't had a break in for years," the guard explained.

"But we can't get too relaxed right? I mean, just because there hasn't been a break in for a while, doesn't mean there won't be, right?" replied the rookie.

"Sharp ain'tcha? That's a good mindset. However, Eterna City has a low crime rate. You're more likely to get robbed in bigger cities like Jubilife. Besides, most criminals think twice before trying to get into this place. Too much security," he prattled on.

Jupiter rolled her eyes as she listened to their conversation.

Yes, lots of security, but naievity cripples it, Jupiter thought with a devious smirk.

"I guess that's true. I'm still going to be cautious though. One can never be too careful at a job like this," the newbie added.

"Glad to know you're serious about this. Now, I'm gonna head to the office and finish a few things. Just stay on this floor and keep watch," the other guard replied before walking off.