Chapter Twelve

It can't be...

Gabe's eyes began to dialate and a trickle of sweat rolled down the side of his face as he looked at the collar around Kangaskhan's neck.

But how? If this is when Team Galactic was trying to recreate everything... or rather... Cyrus was trying to recreate everything, does that mean...

Their goals changed!?

Mars reached up and tapped the keystone on her earring and gave the group a devious smirk.

"Mega shinka!" Mars cried out.

The keystone on her earring lit up and activated the Mega Stone around Kangaskhan's neck, bathing her in an intense golden aura, sending shockwaves pulsing through the area.

"What's happening!?" Dawn screamed as she put her arms up to shield herself from the debris and the brightness.

"How should I know!? I've never seen anything like this before!" Forsythia exclaimed.

As this was transpiring, Maggie took the opportunity to hide behind the building to avoid the gusting winds.

Roserade, Prinplup and Aron did their best to stand their ground until the transmutation process was complete. When the light died down and the dust settled, two figures were seen where previously there was only one. While no significant changes were seen on Kangaskhan as far as her overall look, there was one major difference.

"I... I don't believe it. The baby, it's..." Dawn stammered.

"Out of the mother's pouch? Yes, I found that odd too. To me it seemed rather unusual until I found out the purpose of it," Mars chuckled. "You see, this is-"

"Mega Evolution..." Gabe said through gritted teeth.

"Wait... you know?" Mars blinked, locking eyes with Gabe in search of answers.

Crap! Me and my big mouth. Gotta think of something quick...

"N-Not exactly. I just know the term 'shinka' which is a Kantonian term for 'evolve.' That's all," Gabe replied while trying to keep his composure.

Technically I'm not lying. In reality, shinka is the Japanese term used in the anime. But in this world... Japan doesn't exist. But if it did, it would consist of Kanto and Johto. I just hope she bought it...

"I see..." Mars frowned, crossing her arms as she spoke. "Well if you know that, then you must know what else it means just from the first term 'mega.'"

Gabe kept silent.

"Allow me to give you a lesson then. As the name implies, a power boost is given that pushes a Pokémon beyond their usual limit, bringing out its full potential. Let me show you what I mean! Kangaskan, use Bulldoze!" Mars roared.

"Aron, jump up quick!" Gabe shouted hastily.

"Roserade, get off the ground and counter with Energy Ball!" Forsythia commanded.

"Prinplup, use Scald on the ground quick!" Dawn called out quickly.

Aron launched himself upward to avoid the first of the shockwaves, but the moment he hit the ground, the baby sent a second set of waves that sent him tumbling back. Roserade fired off a ball of verdant energy, only for it to be batted away like a beach ball. Prinplup managed to get clear and was now staring down Kangaskhan who had bolted forward at unexpected speeds.

"Power-Up Punch!" Mars commanded.

The mother and baby duo drew their arms back and gathered power into their fists before hammering Prinplup with two devastating punches. The first increased the power of the second blow, which sent Prinplup crashing to the ground unconscious.