Chapter Thirty-Three

Bored. That was how Jupiter was feeling at this exact moment. Looking down at the recent recruits, she chewed the top of her pen and knitted her brows in agitation. Today was supposed to be her day off, but due to the influx of recruits and the status update on their current project, she was hard pressed to get any time to relax.

Flustered, she dropped the pen and fell back against her chair, crossing her arms with a huff. She glanced down at her Pokétch and muttered something unintelligible under her breath as she saw that there was still an hour left of work. As she stared at the paperwork in front of her, the light from her gear caught her attention. Reaching over, she noticed she had a new message.

Barry: So... I got my forth badge now...

Jupiter giggled slightly at the message he had sent. Even his speech mannerisms showed through his texts. With a faint smile she sent her reply.

That's great! Done anything to celebrate yet? she asked innocently.

Barry: I can't say that I have.

Jupiter stroked her chin in thought before looking at her Pokétch again. With a newly formed idea in mind, she issued her response.

Why don't you swing by my apartment in about say... two hours? I'll give you directions to it from the Pokémon Center. I assume that's where you are now right? Jupiter replied, deducing his location based on given information.

About a minute or two went by before Jupiter got her response.

Barry: Uh... sure, that sounds cool...

Jupiter smirked at his reply and sent him her address along with a message mentioning the Aura League season two. Having secured her after work plans, she was able to focus on finishing up her paperwork before work let out for the day at Galactic Headquarters.

It wasn't long before the clock struck five, signaling the end of her day. With a relieved sigh, she wiped the sweat from her brow and shut her desktop down before standing up and pushing in her chair. It had been a long day, but it had all been worth the trouble since she would now be able to go about her evening the way she wanted to... Pokéflix and all.

Gabe opened his badge case and looked down at the four badges that were inside

Gabe opened his badge case and looked down at the four badges that were inside. Every battle he had ran through his mind, a feeling of pride welling up inside of him as he reflected upon his victories. Glancing down at his gear, reading the address that Jupiter gave him to her apartment.

In his mind, he knew full well that he was fraternizing with a criminal. But at the same time, curiosity was tugging at him.

I still can't believe I agreed to this. I mean... I have literally every reason to back out and run away. So why don't I, knowing everything that I know about her?

Gabe crossed his arms and sighed as he leaned back in his booth inside the Pokémon Center.

But at the same time... can I honestly say I know everything anymore? I mean, is this dorky, anime-obsessed fangirl intellectual the real Jupiter? and if so... what are Mars and Saturn really like? what's Cyrus really like?