2- Wings, Magic, And A Plan

This is how I picture Jessamine. I know the last chapter was short, but this one will be longer. I promise!!

As I ran though the forest that is just outside of our town, I let myself get all cut up and bloody. I deserved it after all I have done to Amara and my sister. As I was halfway though my run, I saw a small, mysterious clearing, and I stopped right in the middle of it. I figured that I was far enough away from the town and broke down completely.

As I sobbed and screamed for my loss and for burning my sister, I felt a new, unfamiliar weight being added to my back, and a strange, light blue colored glow all around me. At first, I thought it was Stella with a lamp, but when I looked behind me, I saw that a big, pair of wings had grown onto my back. They were a darker shade of black with some sparkles that made the wings look like sparkly black silk. They were huge and heavy too. That was when I realized that I had magic.

"Jessamine! I finally found you!" I heard Stella say, I could hear that she was out of breath.

That is when I noticed a big change in her. She, like me, had a new glow to her and she had the same type of wings that I've got now. The only difference was that her glow was a light pink.

"What happened to you?" Stella asked me with concern.

When I didn't respond she hugged me tight, like we always did to each other when we were sad. Out of nowhere she said "Let's go home, we can talk over some nice hot tea."

All I could do was nod my head, and she immediately helped me stand up and told me to try to pick my wings up so that I didn't hurt them. She also assured me that she should know all about wings and the types of magic because she had studied them before in school, and liked reading about them in books in her free time. I nodded and practiced lifting them until I was able to do it without thinking, and it surprisingly didn't take me too long because I was used to carrying heavy things on my back, and wings, I guess, were no exception.

When we got back to our house, our aunts started fussing about how cut up I was, and how burned that Stella was. Only when they started to patch me up and treat Stella's burns did they notice our glow and our wings. They looked at each other, then back at us, then they took out some silver stick like objects and simply said together "It's about time!"

Then we knew what the stick things were. They were magical wands, and when they walked out of the room, they had small, transparent wings on their back.

That night, Stella and I talked about asking our aunts about our actual family, going to find them, and what had happened at Amara's house for a brief moment. We also talked about how we would greet our family, but our number one concern was what we were going to wear when we first saw them. We didn't want to look too formal, but we wanted to look like we were princesses when we first met our parents. So in the morning, we walked downstairs, and braced ourselves to ask the biggest question that we would ever ask. What ever they answered would define who we are, and where we were in society. This could make out lives really good or really bad.

"Hey Aunt Lane and Aunt Jane?" I cautiously ask.

"Yes Jessamine what do you need?" They answered at the same time

"Stella and I were wondering, do you know who our parents are?" I slowly asked

At that point our aunts stopped in their tracks for a moment. Me and Stella were the only ones who were still moving a minute later. We were looking at each other in regret because of the question while our aunts looked at each other in complete shock.

"Do you guys really want to know, or is it just because of the wings?" they asked.

Me and Stella knew exactly what to say. "Both." We said in unison.

"Ok, well your family is on the other side of Erith in the kingdom of Moonwinter." Aunt Lane said.

"Isn't Moonwinter just a myth that parents tell stories about to their kids?" I ask.

"No, no it is an actual place, and it is the prettiest kingdom in the world." Aunt Jane said.

Aunt Jane had a thing for beauty, and would point out anything that was beautiful in the world, but the things that she said are the most beautiful things in the world was me and Stella. She said that we were "perfectly proportioned" and "absolutely breathtakingly beautiful." Her words, not ours.

Aunt Lane, howener, had a thing for facts and being smart. She would constantly stay on top of us when it came to school, and would sometimes quiz herself with math problems and riddles. Little did we know that they were both fairies.

"Anyway your parents live in the castle, and if you tell the servants your names they will lead you right to them."

"How are we going to get to Moonwinter?' Stella asked.

"Well we are going to fly or course." My aunts said.

"But we don't know how to fly." Me and Stella said at the same time.

"We will teach you how dears. Just start packing your stuff so that we can teleport it over." They responded.

"If you can teleport objects, then why can't you teleport us?" Stella asked.

"People are different than objects. This is because they are heavier and we don't know where to teleport them to. With objects, we can put a note on them telling the people that will house you that you are coming. Though it is possible for us to teleport a group of people if there is the need to." Aunt Lane said.

"Oh, well I guess we better get packing and writing that note then." I said.

When we got upstairs, we got all giddy and excited. We actually got so excited that packing took all day. We both packed a whole bunch of dresses, some bags, our makeup, some pants, some shirts, and undergarments. When we got downstairs, our aunts had already written the note. It read:

Dear Moonwinter,

We are sending over some of our things. There will be four of us coming to Moonwinter to greet the whole castle. Me, Lane, Jane, Jessamine, and Stella. I hope you remember who we are. If you don't, just show this to the king and queen and they will know what to do.
With kind regards,
Jane and Lane Heller

That night, our aunts said "Our stuff is on it's way to Moonwinter. You guys go get some sleep, and we will teach you how to fly tomorrow. Tomorrow is also when you start to learn your powers."

Ok guys that is chapter 2!!! I cannot believe that I typed 1224 words!! I am so proud of this chapter. Tell me what you think in the comments!!