12- The Secret Garden

It is the beginning of the 12th chapter, and we are finally at the thing we have been hearing about for a couple of the last chapters. THE BALL! This is how I picture the ballroom, but imagine a glass dome in the middle of the ceiling. No pictures are mine. Now let's go back into the mystical world of Moonwinter!

The dinner was very boring, and there was no way that I could join into any of the conversations. They were all about politics and money. Some people did come over to me to compliment me on my dress, while others stayed away from me as if they were afraid to approach me.

"All right, this dinner is officially over. Feel free to walk into the ballroom. Me and my family will be in there to start the festivities in just a few moments." The Queen said.

"What is the matter mom? Why are you making us stay for a minute?" Stella asked.

"I just wanted you to know that you guys are doing great at this whole thing. You have taken really well to your title. Though I wish you would stop telling people to call you by your names. Anyway, I can see what you are doing though, you want everyone to see that we are just regular people, and I implore you for that. Now, go run off to the ballroom start the music, and have fun. I will be there right after you." She said.

"Wow I thought that she was going to be mad at you guys." Luke said looking at Stella and I.

I could tell Luke liked Stella and that Stella liked Luke. Since they met, there was just a connection that they shared that Flynn and I have never made sense of. I guess that we could say that they were made to be together, and if this continues, they were destined to be together. I mean they were holding hands and everything, they were always happy to get together, and I am jealous of it. I wish I had something like that.

"You know what would make this night better?" Flynn asked me and only me.

"And what is that exactly?" I asked.

"How about that walk in the gardens that you were talking about. That seems nice about right now." He said.

"But Flynn, the music just started. How about we dance for three songs, then go out for our walk." I said trying to sound pouty.

"Wait. Can't Stella and Luke hear us?" I asked.

"Nope, I am only talking to you." He responded.

"Ok. Is it ok if I tell Luke and Stella where we are going when we go for the walk? I just don't want them to worry too much about us." I said.

"I don't think that they will notice. I mean, they are probably going to be together for the whole night. I will just tell Luke so that he can tell her at the right time." Flynn said.

"Now that that is settled, let's go and dance!" I said.

As we walked in I saw that Stella was dancing with Luke, as I thought she would be, to the music that the band was playing. Without hesitation, I run onto the dance floor pulling Flynn with me.

"You know that we should have waited for the next song right?" Flynn asked me.

"You know what? I am pretty sure that a lot of these people are either drunk, or they just don't care. So that means that I don't care too." I said trying to see where everybody was in the dance, and matching it.

"You know what? I don't care either. Let's have fun and dance the night away." Flynn said.

"Well, you sure did change your mind fast. Are you sure about your decision? There is no turning back now if you are sure." I said.