10- The Perfect Dress

This is how I picture the carriage in the last chapter. None of the pictures are mine.

The carriage ride was not all that interesting. As good as the food was, there wasn't much conversation about it. Actually we barely talked at all. That made for a long ride. All we did was eat a little bit then stared awkwardly at each other. Thank god that we got to the store, because I wasn't sure how much more awkwardness I could take.

"Girls!!! Guys!! Nice to see you! How was your carriage ride?" The Queen asked. She seemed to be in a great mood, and that was good for us, I guess. This is the first time we have ever seen her like this, so we were caught off guard.

"Are you all right girls? You look like you just saw a ghost." The Queen asked, obviously concerned.

"Oh yes we are quite alright your majesty. We just have never really seen you in this good of a mood, so we were just caught off guard." I say snapping out of my trance.

"True, I haven't really been that happy lately. Do you girls know why we are here, and what we are getting?" The Queen asked.

"We all know Luke and Flynn told us. We are here to get dresses made for a big ball that you are throwing. My real question is why did you make the boys come? Why couldn't you just tell them what color our dresses will be, because I was hoping that when we got our first dresses it could be a mother to daughters day." Stella said. She was talking way too much, so I knew she was nervous about this dress fitting, but I couldn't put my finger on why.

"Boys, don't listen to us we need tot talk sister to sister for a minute." I said

"Fine, but if I sense a fight I will intervene." Flynn said.

"Ok with them taken care of, what is wrong? You know that I know your nervous tell. You are talking more than normal. What is wrong?" I asked.

"Just this sudden ball, and the way the boys are acting is making me nervous." Stella said.

"The boys have been acting weirder than usual, but the ball is nothing to worry about. All we have to so is dance a little bit and wear frilly dresses for a couple of hours. It won't be that terrible. The scariest thing that I could think of is the possibility of how heavy these dresses will be." I said.

"Your are missing one thing that could be scarier." Stella said.

"And what is that?" I asked, actually curious.

"What I'd fear the most for us is if one of our boys here were to propose. After all, that is what they are here for, right? To marry us to use our family to help their own family? I just don't want to go through with this suitor thing. Anyway, let's go get these ridiculous dresses fitted, maybe that won't be so bad." Stella said.

"Alright, I want to make a bet. I bet that your dress will be the most ridiculous." I say trying to make the conversation lighter.

"Oh I bet that yours will be the most ridiculous." Stella said.

"Ok ok, no fighting." Luke said.

"How much of the conversation did you hear?" I asked.

"Bits and pieces, but don't worry, I don't remember even half of what I heard." Luke responded.

On that note, we walked into the store. It was a small store, but it was even smaller than it was intended to be because of all of the fabric lying everywhere. There was a dressing room, and a sofa where everybody would sit to watch us be fitted for our dresses on the little stage in front of the sofa.