13- The Ball Disaster

This is chapter 13, and I have decided that I should pick up the pace a little. What happens in this chapter is what I originally planned for the last chapter, but with the last chapter added in. This is how I picture the engagement ring that Flynn proposes with. None of the pictures are mine.

As I stared down at Flynn, my mouth flew open in absolute surprise.

"Yes." I said not realizing what I had just said.

"Are you sure about this? I mean why now?" I asked.

"I am sure about this. And to answer your now question, my family said that if I did not propose tonight, I would have to go back home, and they would choose another kingdom to send me off to." He said.

"Is there a way that we can go around this, just so that we have a little more time?" I asked.

"Actually, I already have a plan." He said.

"And what is that exactly?" I asked.

"Hey, calm down. My plan is sure to work. The plan is that we don't tell anybody but our parents your answer and that the ceremony is in a year. This gives us a year to work this out. We just slowly get ready so that it seems real. We will work everything out in the end. So what do you say?" He said.

"I mean, the plan will work, but before I asked you questions, I said yes. Even before your explanation." I said.

"Well then, how about six months?" He asked.

"Now you are pushing it. Let's keep it at a year. Now let's go back to the ball. I want to dance." I said.

"Okay. Do you have anybody in mind that you would like to tell?" He asked.

"My sister and my mother. They deserve to know." I said.

"I was planning on telling Luke. He has become kind of a brother to me." He said.

At that he put the ring on my finger, after sitting on the bench next to the swing and holding it, and we started our short walk back to the ballroom. When we got back we saw Stella and Luke dancing the night away, so we joined them, and forgot what happened in the secret garden for a little while. It was nearly seven o'clock, and we still hadn't told anyone, so we rounded Stella, Luke, and the Queen together to tell them the news.

"So I bet you are wondering why we told you to come over here." I said.

"Yes I am wondering. I want to go back to dancing!" Stella said almost yelling.

That is when I showed them the ring.

"Oh. My. God."Stella said.

Luke looked at me, then at Stella, and he stepped up to Flynn, patted his back and said "Good luck."

"Ok listen. Play along, this is only here so that Flynn doesn't have to go home" I said.

"Really because it doesn't seem like that is what is happening here. Are you sure that you don't like him. Even a little?" She asked.

"Yah are you sure that you don't like me even a little? And the me going home thing is real. Why do you think I proposed?" Flynn said sarcastically.

"Fine I guess I like him enough to say yes even before knowing why he did it so early." I said.

"This will be a glorious celebration! We have to tell everybody! There will have to be arrangements for flowers, and your dress, and the bridesmaid's dress, and your bouquet and-" My mother said.

"And we have a year to complete all of these tasks and more, so let's not go overboard about this right now. Oh, and can we please just keep this to a family level?" I asked my mom.