15- Carmilla's Story

This is how I imagine Carmilla's castle in Briar Glen. None of the pictures are mine. Remember the split perspective thing from the last chapter because it will be going on for a while.

Jessamine-

Jessamine-

When we finally made it to the dining hall, which is on the opposite side of the castle from my room, I was already exhausted. Carmilla, however, didn't seem phased whatsoever. When we walked into the hall, the food was already on the table.

"You sit here." Carmilla said pointing to her right.

Carmilla was sitting at the head of the table, as any sort of royalty would, and I was to be at her right, as any special guest of royalty would. The problem was that I was her special guest, meaning that there was something here that I had to do. A servant interrupted my thinking when he came and lifted the silver dome that was on the plate to keep the food warm. When I looked at the food, I started drooling. I was so hungry, and the food looked so good. The food for today was a piece of chicken and some potatoes. It was more of a dinner food, but you know what? I am not going to complain. At that, I dug in.

"Enjoying your food my dear?" Carmilla asked.

I swallowed and responded "Yes it is very good."

"I know I promised you something, but I can't remember what it was. Do you remember?" She asked.

"Your story. You told me that you would tell me why you did what you did, and what you want with me." I say manipulating her into telling her why I was here.

"Oh yes my story and why you were here that's it! Now my story goes like this. When me and your mother were little, I would always take the classes that were designed to teach me my powers. You mother was in them too, and she was much better than I was. We would practice together, and fight until we were all cut up then heal ourselves so that we could practice both magic and defense at the same time. But that doesn't really have to do with anything." She said.

"Then why did you tell me?" I asked.

"I just thought that you should know how powerful your mother really was." She responded.

"Why don't you get to the story, I am not trying to be rude or anything, but I would like to go back home sometime soon. I would like to get back to my sister. She is probably worried sick." I said.

"Well that is the thing. I am afraid that you will probably never go home. Anyway, my story started when me and your mother were around your age." She started.

"Woah woah wait up. I will never go home?" I asked.

"Well. That is a big no. You will never leave this place unless you do what I want you to. This is your home now until then, so welcome home!" She said.

I suddenly felt sicker than ever before. I somehow had enough strength to ask "what are you doing to me that I have to stay here? You promised that you would tell me."