20- Family Reunions

This is how I picture the little kids that Jessamine, Stella, Flynn, and Luke meet in this chapter. Why are they important? Read to find out! In this chapter I am sad to announce that this book is almost over, but happy to announce that there will be another book. It will basically be a continuation of what happens in this book, but with more characters. Once this book is done, I will immediately start the next one. The title will be announced in the last chapter. Now that that is said, enjoy chapter 20!

 Now that that is said, enjoy chapter 20!

Jessamine-

As we walked around the gardens with the lady, I noticed that there were guards posted at every place that a person could possibly escape. With that now in my mind, my feelings changed about why the lady was there.

"Hey Flynn? Have you looked at where the guards were posted?" I asked.

"No. Why?"

"I don't think that this lady is here by her own will. The guards are posted at the places that anyone can escape, and I can feel that the wards are up and that they are stronger than ever." I said.

"So do you still want to question her?" He asked.

"Of course I want to still question her. I want to know what Carmilla did to get her here."

We then settled on a place to question the lady only a minute after we had the previous conversation. We had the lady sit down, and we began.

"What do you need of me Princess Jessamine? If there is anything I can do for you, tell me and I will make sure it gets done." The lady shakily said.

"First of all, just call me Jessamine. The only thing I need from you are answers to the questions I ask. How about we start off nicely. What is your name? I don't believe that I was able to ask you at the ball." I said, in the nicest tone I could ever speak in.

"My name is Sky. Sky Ashfall." She hurriedly said.

"Good to know your name Sky. The second thing I wanted to ask was why you are here." I said.

"Carmilla came to Moonwinter one day, though she was disguised as someone else. She said that she could help me run the kingdom while you guys were gone. After all, that is what you told me to do right?" She asked.

"That is what I asked of you. Continue with your story please." I said, adding the please as a way to be nicer.

"She said that in order to help me, I had to come with her to her castle and watch how she ruled. It wasn't until I got here that I realized who she really was. She has been keeping me prisoner for a few days now. If there is any way you could help me, it would be greatly appreciated." Sky added.

"Do you know how you can get back to Moonwinter? If you don't, here, have some of this money. I have been holding on to just enough to buy a carriage ride back to Moonwinter. We are going to help you escape." I said pulling my dagger and a sword out of the folds of my frilly dress.