7- The King and Queen

This is how I picture Moonwinter castle, with the lush, green, gardens. The pictures in my chapters are not mine. Now on the chapter 7!!

We walked the halls of the castle until we got to a pair of huge wood doors. Stella and I prepared ourselves for the meeting we have been waiting for our whole life. Then the doors opened, and we stepped inside. It was a long throne room filled with guards and portraits.

"Wow this room is beautiful." I said telepathically

"As pretty as it is, this can be the last place that some people see." Luke said

"Well isn't that sickening and sad." Stella said

"I can't wait to see why you guys are here and what your business is." Flynn said.

"Well you will find out soon enough." Stella said.

"Welcome to Moonwinter girls. How was your trip?" The Queen said.

"Our flight here was really good  your majesty." I say while curtsying.

My aunts look at me in utter shock because of my absolute calmness.

"What brings you here?" The King asks

"Well your majesty. We brought you your daughters. We did what was promised." Aunt Lane said.

"Daughters? Of the King and Queen?"  Flynn asked telepathically.

"We will talk about it later. It is a very long story. One that cannot be told right this second." I said.

"I don't remember ever hearing of the King and Queen having kids." Luke said.

"Well they did, and they didn't tell anyone, but they marked us as missing. It must have gone over the people's heads. Unless our aunts told us the wrong thing, we know nothing of our parents." Stella said.

The King and Queen walked over to us, and looked at everything. Our eyes, wings, and hair were all checked. Then, after examining us for what felt like five minutes, they walked back to their thrones, and spoke.

"Hello girls. I know that this is scary, and that you have never really known us, but we are your actual parents. We sent you with your aunts because we were worried about your safety. I do wish that you answer two questions. Number one, how did you find out, and number two, who is this boy with you? I know that the one that led you here was posted to be a guard until you came here, but who is the other one?" The Queen asked us.

"Well, his name is Flynn Dowling. We met him on our journey here, and he is a friend of mine." I say, half lying.

"Nice to meet you your majesties." He said.

"What is your business here Flynn?" The King asked.

"Well, actually I am that prince that the kingdom of  Dalry said that they would send to marry off to one of your princesses. I admit that I got a little bit lost on the way here, but good thing that I ran into your daughters because I would have been lost forever." Flynn said.

"Wait. Marry off?" I asked.

"Yes. It is princess custom to be married off. Whoever is married off first is will be the new queen." The King explained.

"So now it is a battle of who gets married first? If you ask me, it don't think it should be judged by that. How about who is the best fit to be queen." I said.

"Anyway, we found out yesterday. Now back to this marriage thing." Stella said.

"We just got here, and now you are pushing this on us? It seems a little unfair." I say.

"Yes I know how hard this is sweetheart. It happened to me too. The only difference was that my sister died of a terrible illness while this process was taking place. So I was basically guaranteed to be queen. I actually wanted to explore the world, but I am now stuck here, and I can't leave often. I haven't gotten out of the castle in about two years." The Queen said.

"That must be tough. I am sorry for your loss." I say.

"As much as I would love to be the queen, I cannot take the position. I would never give up my dreams for power and a title. I would never marry unless it is for love." I say

"Me too. I agree with my sister one hundred percent." Stella said.

"Well, then you both have to participate, since you guys are our only heirs. I am your father and the King and you will do what I say." The King said harshly.

"But father, we have dreams." Stella said

"Too bad you are both taking part, and you have no other choice." The King yelled.

"Honey, you are being really harsh. We just met our daughters. Let them live at least one day without having to worry about princess duties. Let them explore the castle and the city. Just give them a day to be themselves. I am sorry girls, there is no way to stop this marriage game. I don't like it either, go and have tomorrow to explore the castle and the city. Then we will talk. Luke can show you to your rooms." The Queen said.

"Thank you your majesty." I say.

"Please call me mom or Maribelle." The Queen said

We exited the throne room, feeling as if our lives had just ended. After all, it was the end of our hopes and dreams. We would be married off and bossed by our husbands forever, both of us their queens. The queen part of it sounds nice, but being a piece of property for some prince? That just wouldn't do.

"Just so that you know, I can hear your thoughts because your walls are down." Flynn says.

"I'm sorry. I will put them up. I just can't stop worrying about my future now." I say, putting up the walls that they had taught us to use in the gardens.

"Oh, and by the way, I would never treat you that way. You would be my queen, and I would let you go after your hopes and dreams." Flynn said.

"I wouldn't treat you that way either. You would be free to do whatever you want." Luke said, responding to Flynn.

"So romantic. Do you guys really want to be kings?" Stella asked.

"Nope." Luke said

"No way. I was hoping my brother would take the position." Flynn said.

"You have a brother?" I asked.

"Yep, he is my twin, and looks just like me." Flynn said.

"You should have said that for the uncommon things that we should know about you." Stella said.

"Well I figured that you would know that in the fact that he is the most known person in the world." Flynn explained.

"What do you mean? I have never heard of him." Stella asked

"Well what I mean is that he is famous for his deeds. The most famous thing he is known for is killing a dragon that killed thousands." Flynn said.

"Wow, That is impressive, but I have never heard of him." I said.

"Good. I want to keep it that way. After this, I don't want to talk about him anymore." Flynn said.

Once our journey to the other side of the castle was over, me and Stella headed off into our rooms. The princess suites were huge and beautiful. Our closets full of dresses. After about two hours, a maid came to dress us up. When we asked why they simply answered: "It is time for your tour of the city, castle and dinner with the two suitors."

We let them dress us, and we headed out of our room.

Ok so that is chapter 7!! Tell me what you think about this book in the comments, and don't forget to vote!