11- Family Drama And Dinner

This is how I picture Jessamine's dress without the belt on it. I couldn't find one with a lace belt on it or that was a dark enough teal. Oops. None of the pictures are mine. Anyways, ONTO THE STORY!

It has been a couple of days since the dress fitting, and the ball was tonight. Our dresses were done and hanging up in our little dressers that we had in our actual bedrooms. These dressers were to only hold a dress or two, and my dress for this ball barely fit in the dresser due to the ruffled bottom. Stella's dress has to go into her closet because it was so big and poofy. When she realized how big is was, she started laughing so hard that she couldn't stop crying and laughing until a good ten minutes later, and that is what got me laughing. A couple minutes later, I heard a knock on my door.

"WHO IS IT?" I yelled hoping that it was one of the boys or Stella.

"WHO DO YOU THINK?" Flynn yelled from the other side of the door.

"WELL, YOU SOUND LIKE FLYNN, BUT HOW CAN I BE SO SURE?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"WELL FOR ONE THING, I AM PRETTY SURE THAT NO ONE THAT COULD POSSIBLY HURT YOU COULD ENTER YOUR ROOM BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE GUARDS POSTED OUTSIDE OF YOUR DOOR." He yelled.

"Secondly I can do this, and I know that you have to believe me now because I know you haven't blocked Stella, Luke, and I from your mind." He said.

"OK YOU HAVE PROVED YOURSELF. YOU HAVE MY SPECIAL PERMISSION TO ENTER." I said my face red with how much I wanted to laugh.

He entered the room quickly, and I noticed that he was holding something behind his back. I know it wasn't anything dangerous behind his back because I could sense it somehow that he wouldn't hurt me, and the guards had probably checked what it was. So I had nothing to worry about.

"What have you got back there? Is it FOOD?" I asked getting really excited at the thought of food.

"DID I HEAR FOOD?" I heard Stella yell through the walls.

I guess it payed off for Stella and I to have the hearing trait like all fae have. Me and Stella can talk through the walls if we wanted to. The only bad thing about it is that we cannot have private conversations without each other knowing.

"BUTT OUT. IF THERE IS FOOD, IT IS MINE, GO TELL LUKE TO GO GET SOME FOR YOU!" I yell back.

I couldn't hold it any longer. I just had to laugh, I just had to hold it in a little bit longer. Just. Until. Flynn. Leaves. As if a bolt of lightning hit me, I just started laughing, uncontrollably. Compared to Stella's laugh, my laugh was terrible. It wasn't contagious, and it wasn't pretty.

"What is so funny?" Flynn asked.

"I don't even know anymore! I think it was something that one of us said, or maybe our talk at the door, or maybe even me and Stella's food conversation, but I have been holding it in for too long, and I guess I couldn't hold it in any longer." I say between laughs.

"Hey it is all right. It happens to me too. I like your laugh by the way. Oh and this is what I got for you. It is a bracelet. I was hoping you would wear it at the ball tonight. The story behind it is that my father gave this to my mother as a gift on the night of their first ball. He gave this to her to prove that he would marry her someday, even if it it took her years to accept his proposal. " He said smiling . He had the most genuine smile that I have ever seen in my life, and there was so saying no.

"Of course. I will make sure that it is among the rest of my jewelry. I mean my necklace, earrings, and maybe a tiny ring." I said.

"Great. I guess I will see you in the grand dining hall. You better start getting ready because the celebration starts in three hours." Flynn said.