9- The New Life and Lunch

This is how I picture the queen now that she is free. She rules fairly, and she looks the part! None of the pictures are mine. Now, onto chapter 9!

The next few days were like the ones before, boring and busy. Me and Stella were always apart, and we were constantly with the boys. There were lessons for us to attend, people we had to meet, and places we had to go. All the people were nice, I guess, the only problem was that they kept on praising me, and I didn't like it. I like being the nobody, where I could be alone and not have to worry about the drama and talking all the time, but now that I am a princess, I cannot be a nobody. While I am walking the streets with Flynn, all I wish to do is go back to the castle and escape to the music room to play. We were still waiting for the teacher to arrive, but in the meantime, I can still play the piano.

"Hey Flynn. Can we go back and eat at the castle? I am kind of hungry." I ask, being serious.

"Actually, I was just about to take you to one of the best places to eat in the kingdom. So you have a choice, do you want to go back and just sit around, or do you want to come with me and have a good time with Luke and Stella." He responded

"Well, I would love to actually see Stella today, so I guess we can stay out." I say trying not to laugh.

"Oh we also have to take you dress shopping for the ball in a few days." Flynn said

"A ball? What ball?" I ask.

"The ball that your mother is throwing to mark her freedom, and your return, so we need to get you girls dresses." He responded.

"Why do you have to take us?" I asked

"We are meeting the queen there, and we have to stay so that we know what to wear because we are your suitors. Trust me, I don't want to be there." He said.

"Oh poor Flynn." I say while laughing.

"We are here. Let's go eat." He said getting out of the conversation.

We walk in, and everybody looks at me and Flynn. I hate it when they do that. Flynn notices my unconfertableness, and pulls me aside, out of their view. We walked to our table in almost silence. We sat down in a small room, Stella and Luke already sitting.

"It's about time you two showed up!" Stella said.

I could tell she wasn't mad by the way she was talking, and she was more excited to see us then ever before. We hadn't seen her in a whole day, and I forgot to talk to her last night. I was just so tired that I got into my pjamas and fell asleep. When I woke up this morning, I felt terrible for what I had done to Stella. We always said goodnight to each other, even before we got to Moonwinter.

"Hey Stella! How were your lessons today? I am sorry for last night, I was just so tired." I said.

"It is all right I understand. I did the same exact thing when I got back to my rooms. My lessons were boring as always. Who would want to learn how to knit? Old ladies?" Stella said.

"Yah, I only see old ladies knitting. Anyways, if you want to join me in one of my lessons, you can. I wouldn't mind seeing you for an extra hour a day." I say.

"Yah I guess that would be nice. Maybe I would enjoy music. What instrument are you working on tomorrow?" Stella asked sounding excited.

"I think we are working on flute, clarinet, and a little bit of piano. I am a beginner at the first two, so we would be on the same level." I say.

"Then it is settled. I will join you tomorrow." Stella said.

"I think that we will join too. I play violin." Flynn said.

"I play trumpet. So maybe we can play together!" Luke said.

"That would be cool. Maybe we can set something up, and play for the queen." I said.

"That actually sounds cool. I would be up to that. You know that you can call the queen mom right? She is your actual mom after all." Flynn said.

"I know it just doesn't roll off of my tongue yet." I say.

"Ok, whatever you say." Flynn said.

We only ordered drinks and a couple of appetizers, ate them quickly, then left for the dress maker's shop. The shop was all the way across the city. That meant that either we walked for a while, or the queen would have arranged a carriage. I hoped it was the second option. I didn't feel like walking, and I hoped that Stella felt the same way.

"I don't feel like walking. My feet still hurt from walking here." I said.

"Well then, I guess that it is a good thing that the queen arranged a carriage for us." Luke said looking out the window.

"Oh yah I guess she did. It looks pretty. Like it belongs in a fairytale." I said.

"You are right. It is quite beautiful." Stella said.

"Maybe we should go out with each other more often. We seemed to get spoiled whenever we do this." Luke said.

"I can only imagine a wedding here. Even a simple one. It must be beautiful." Flynn said.

It was weird, Flynn had become a romantic in the past few days. He spent most of the time with me, but we liked to meet up with Luke and Stella often. We tried to see them at least one time a day. Luke seemed to be acting the same way, and Stella looked at me, reading my mind. For a second, I thought my walls were down, but when I went to check, they were up with full force. I shook it off and asked "What do you mean Flynn? If you are thinking about asking me what I think you are going to ask me, all you will hear is a big, fat, NO!" I said

"Hey, That comes later. Way, way later. All I was saying was that the carriages for weddings must be beautiful, because this is just an everyday carriage. The comment wasn't meant to say anything about us. Though we are trying." Flynn said, defending himself

"Yes, I can see that you are trying, but I am not ready. Anyway we should get in the carriage." I said.

"Oh well. Let's get in. I heard that there is food inside of these." Luke said.

"Woah, you are right. There is food just what we need even though we just ate some food at the place behind us." Stella said.

All of us laughed, got in the carriage, and ate a little bit more.

Tell what you think of the book so far in the comments and don't forget to vote!!!!