Chapter Two

It all began on a regular day in Zootopia. I only had five more weeks to get out of my eighth grade year and into summer vacation. Like many teens my age, we all dream of one thing: summer. Don't you just love summer? Where you get all freedom for three months, without the stress of homework, the constant studying for quizzes and test. Well, to many others like me, summer wasn't just a season; it was paradise. Anyway, I was just in the middle of a strange dream. I stood there, in a place I'm not familiar with. I stood in the middle of a large room, with people staring at me, with eyes with a nasty look. I stood there, wondering why. Those eyes. Everyone eyes looked like they wanted to skin me alive. Then, everyone started to talk about me. Then, the next thing I know, I began to run. I wasn't sure why I was running, but I felt really bad. Why? Then, something strange happen. I heard a lot of beeping. The beeping noise kept getting louder. Then louder. So loud I woke up. The beeping noise was still going off. I turned around to see my alarm clock went off. I sighed and turned it off. Then, I looked at the time. To my horror, it was 8:30. Shit! I was supposed to be at school a hour ago!
I jumped out of bed, grabbed my school shirt and tie, put on my skirt, and grabbed my bag, along with a donut and ran towards the subway.

When I finally arrived at the Zootopian junior high, I knew I was in for it. Miss cotton, my math teacher and my homeroom teacher, is mean as a bull. In fact, she is a bull! Nobody knows why she name like a rabbit but it kinda weird. But boy was she mad! When I open the door, I saw that all the students were busy in their work so they didn't look up to see me. I silently tiptoed to back of my class, where my seat was. Maybe Mrs. Cotton wouldn't notice me. Maybe she'll mistaken that I was in class the whole time when she was taking attendance.Mrs. Cotton was writing something on the white board. She was focus on this. Just as I was about to sit down in my desk, Mrs. Cotton caught me. "Miss Hopps-Wilde! You are late! This is the fourth time this week, young lady! March yourself to the principal's office this instant!", she told me in a harsh tone.
Dang it.

Well, after I marched myself to get a detention slip, I went to back to class. I didn't have take my detention until next Thursday, since today is Friday. As I went back to my desk, my best friend, Cooper, greeted me. I been knowing Cooper since we were in preschool. To me, he is a person that I have always trusted. I have always shared all of my secrets to him. I have told him my past, how I don't like the fact I'm orphaned, how that I'm constantly bullied. He always had listened to me. I needed someone to talk to and he was the one. He kept my secrets private to him and me and I trust him.It was all eerie silent between us two. When he finally spoke, he said "let me guess... Overslept this morning?", he said. In his raccoon voice. "Yeah", I told him. Man, even though my ears are huge and long, I still can sleep through my alarm. "Well, look at the bright side! At least you made it here!" I sighed as I slammed my head down on the desk. How can someone like Cooper love school? I'll give you three reasons: (1) nobody likes waking up at six o'clock in the morning so you can drag your butt to a hellhole like this so you can get a "education". (2) it's boring. So boring that you'll barf up a mixture of mumbo-jumbo crap that you need for the next years. (3) why would you want to go here, when bullies torture you, teachers (like Mrs. Cotton) can drain the energy out of you, and you wast your whole childhood here. I mumbled why school sucks, how we waste our life here, and how Mrs. Cotton ruins us to cooper but I should have kept my mouth shut because the next thing I knew, I felt a blast of hot air on me. I picked up my head to see... Mrs. Cotton. Boy, she was pissed. "PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE. NOW!" I immediately grabbed my stuff and left the class. For all I knew, she didn't have to tell me twice.