Chapter twelve

Since me and Cooper weren't old enough to drive any Zootopian automobiles and we can't just go up to Cooper's parents and say "Yo, mom and dad. Need one of you guys to drop off me and Violet-'

At that point, Cooper's mom would probably have killed me and Cooper.

And we couldn't do the same with Chief Bogo. He'll probably be nosy and find out what where will be going.

"We're going to the trashy part of town and likely get shot by a person who so hates my guts for unknown reasons. "

We Couldn't just say that out loud to him.

So basically we were doomed.

But...

There was someone who we can kinda trust.

That person was clawhaiser.

Me and Cooper talk about it and made a plan. We would go to the station and ask Clawhaiser if he would drop us off at a education event. He would do it of course. Besides, I know my uncle better than the rest. He would do it. I'm sure of that.

Cooper wasn't comfortable with the fact that we would be lying but I reassured him that he and I were doing the right thing. He then agreed.

We made our way to ZPD and Cooper taped on the counter. Cooper was taller than me which allowed to reached the counter. But he was still shorter than other animals. I Theorized that by the time we reached high school, me and Cooper will be done going through our growth spurt. Maybe.

Anyway, uncle Clawhaiser noticed us and, as always, gave his smile. "Hey Vio! What's up? And I see you have your boyfriend. Heya Coopster!" I groaned. Uncle Clawhaiser sometimes called me by a ridiculous nickname: Vio. Plus, he always telling me that one day, me and Cooper will be one day in a relationship. I always have told him that me and Cooper were just friends and that will never happen. Anyway, Cooper blushed like crazy and I decided to tell him the question straight away. "Hey uncle. Hey we need to ask you you if you would do a favor for us?"

He shrugged his shoulders and said "Shoot".

"We want to go to a this math event at this place near the Sahara square. Can you bring us?"

He laughs and then smiles. "Sure. Anything for you guys- wait, why do you guys want to go?", he said with only one brow raised.

Oh shit. We weren't expecting this. "Uh, Umm..."

"There this shop making cupcakes and we want to know how do they make them."

I looked at Cooper. I was shocked. Great. Thanks to him, Uncle Clawhaiser will now what to come with us.

But to my surprise, he said he'll bring us on one condition: We would need to him a box of cupcakes.

I was dumbfounded; I couldn't believe that worked! Thank you Cooper!

I reminded myself now whatever to kill Cooper for what he said or kiss him.

He dropped us of in front of the shop and left. I promised him he'll will the the cupcakes by 2:30, leaving us five hours of finding where's Cooper's friend, decoding the recording, and possibly finding my parents. I couldn't believe it!

"Okay, where do we begin?", I ask, looking at him. The plaza was busy with people going around with their business. They walk to and fro, some with swagger, clearly showing that they were cool and some were trying to be cool, acting like it.

We made our way to an alley that Cooper was leading. There, sat an reddish color van. Cooper then knock at the back door of the car and out popped a small white fox. "Yo Finnick! Hey, we need to talk", said Cooper.

My first impression of Finnick was kinda weird. I felt like he was a thug or, better yet, a con artist. It was like I just knew. And Finnick kept glaring at me, like he knew me. He also had that "look" that everyone gave me. Finnick, me, and Cooper then climbed into his van. And all I got to say, it felt weird.

"Here you go", I said to Finnick, handing him the pen. We sat there in the seats. Finnick kept looking at the pen then at me. He wasn't giving me that "look" but this time, with a sad look on his face. It was like he knew something. Then, I felt a strange sadness overwhelm me. It felt like a gas leaking out from me. Then, he listen to the recording.

Then, I saw it.

I saw a tear coming out. Then, he gave the pen back, wiped away the tear,  then gave us a piece of paper.

"Here. This is all I can give to you. " he said, with his face down. I took the pen and note and we jumped out of his car. But right as we left, Finnick went up to my ear and whispered "Good Luck ".

And it was creepy.

Then, it made me wondered about how he knew Cooper and maybe, no, he knew that pen.

He then drove off in a rush, leaving us in the dust.