Chapter Three

Hi! So obviously no one wants to participate in my little game at the end of every chapter. That's a tad disappointing, but ah well.

Anyway, here's chapter three.

/////////////

Chapter Three

Taylor Tuom

"I hope that band wasn't too much trouble for you yesterday," Carey sneered as she walked by me in the break room.

"No, they actually weren't," I barked back, not in the mood for her shit this early in the morning.

I usually only came in on Monday's and Thursday's, but I had left my purse here in my haste to leave yesterday. It was nine a.m. and if there was one thing I didn't need this morning, it was Carey's snide remarks. I don't even know why she's so cross with me in the first place.

Just as I was leaving the break room (where I had left my purse), I bumped into a firm chest. I look up, meeting brown eyes.

"Evan, hey. I'm sorry." I blush, taking a step back.

"Not a problem, Taylor." He smiles, walking over to the fridge. "What're you doing here today anyway? It's Friday."

"Oh, uh, forgot my wallet yesterday," I admit, tucking a fallen hair from my ponytail behind my ear.

"Ah." He nods, taking a long drink from a water bottle.

"I guess I'll, uh, see you, Evan," I say, gripping the door handle once again.

"Hey, Taylor, wait," he says.

I turn back around, butterflies swarming in my stomach. "Yes?"

"Sheryl is throwing a party tonight at some fancy venue. Are you coming?" he asks.

"Oh, I'm not staff. Just an intern. I didn't get an invite," I replied.

"I have a plus one and I was thinking that plus one could be you," Evan says, a charming smile doting his face.

I feel a grin etch itself onto my face as well. "Okay. Sounds fun."

"I'll pick you up at, eh, 7-ish?" he plans.

I nod. "Yeah, sounds good."

I open the door, almost out when he calls my name again. I pop my head back in and raise an eyebrow at the blonde boy.

"Where do you live?" he asks.

"On the corner of Wembly and Church," I answer. "Get my number from Sheryl and just text me."

He nods, saying goodbye as I finally made it out the door.

//////////////

"Evan?" Kaytlin asks as I was curling my hair.

"Yeah, the cute one from So Teen! that I told you about. You've met him," I remind her.

"Oh," she says, flipping the page in the magazine she was looking at (the same magazine I interned for). "So what are you going to wear?"

"Probably that dress I wore to your brother's wedding last fall," I reply.

"I love it! Lovely choice." She grins, approving of my clothing choice for once.

"Do you think you could do my make-up? You know I'm shit at it," I ask, waving my mascara wand at her.

"Ugh," she groans. "I guess. What would you do without me?"

"I'd be incredibly lost," I reply, batting my eyelashes at the red head.

"You're so lucky I'm going to school for this stuff," she says.